4 months ago
Permanent both Part time and Full time
It's an exciting time for this well-established chain of Italian restaurants all over Europe who are making their first expansion into the UK. These restaurants are famous across Europe for providing the best pizza and pasta d'amore within an authentic Italian Osteria. They are looking for skilled kitchen staff to be part of this expansion into the UK and provide the best pizza and pasta dishes in line with the company's vision and further their career.
Starting out in 1999 the company has grown, expanding across Europe without ever losing sight of the importance of good, authentic Italian food blended with local recipes in each of the restaurant's locations.
Training for these roles will be provided prior to opening, which may involve attending training courses in the established restaurants in Europe to learn the trade secrets which have made this organisation a success.
They are looking for motivated, tenacious individuals with excellent organisational and teamworking skills to join their brand new team in their first restaurant in the UK in Pizza, Pasta and Salad making positions as well as kitchen operative roles. You may be expected to be responsible for:
- Following prep list created by the head chef
- Act as an ambassador for the restaurant, presenting yourself professional as the kitchen is open plan
- Working on either the pizza, pasta or salad stations:
o Preparing pizza dough, working the pizza oven and turning and topping pizzas as well as cooking sauces
o Working the pasta cooker and producing pasta sauces from recipes for a range of dishes and antipasti
o Or prepare a range of starters, salads and dressings, and dolci.
- Assisting in preparing the weekly menu, which changes on a weekly basis
- Measuring ingredients and seasonings to be used
- Chopping and washing ingredients as necessary
- Basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food etc.
- Maintaining a clean and orderly workstation by sanitising surfaces and washing dishes as well as chiller units in line with HACPP Directives
- Ensuring food is cooked and prepared 'a la mamma'.
- Working alongside the rest of the team to give customers the best possible service
- Attending to kitchen duties as assigned by the manger or head chef
- Proven experience as cook preparing pizza or pasta
- Experience of working in a high pressured, fast paced team
- Knowledge of health and safety rules in the kitchen
- Strong communication skills
- Able to use a range of cutting tools and kitchen utensils
- Good knowledge of proper food handling
- Educated to at least GCSE or equivalent level
Please note, training for this role may be conducted in Europe. The restaurant will be launched in early December however training will be conducted sooner than this, dates of which will be confirmed should you be selected for interview.
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
9 days ago
only 19 days until close
21 days ago
only 7 days until close
17 days ago
only 4 days until close