Our client, a travel and event management company, is about to embark on an ambitious journey to transform, modernise and simplify their complex legacy application landscape. They are now recruiting for a Lead Software Developer to be responsible for setting out the processes and procedures of the team.
As the Lead Software Developer, you will be able to quickly establish yourself both as a strong technical recourse but also as a collaborative and effective leader. There will be a significant focus on staff development/training alongside achievable but challenging delivery targets. Your main responsibility will be developing solutions with: C#, ASP and .NET in both Azure and on-premise environments and creating an AGILE working environment.
With a modernised Application landscape, you will be well positioned to deliver a seamless client and employee experience that will help drive value and build profitable, long term relationships.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Write Business requirements and functional specifications
- Develop visual models and create work flow diagrams
- Working within a source-controlled environment, principally GitHub
- Testing software, providing feedback to developers or business
- Monitor and research new technologies appropriate to the business
- Agile project management methodologies
- JIRA board or other tools such as Kanban and sprint
- Using GitHub for version control and collaboration
- Product Support for internal Desktop applications
- Exposed to new tech stack technologies using Angular, C# and .NET.
- Working within a team to coherently build new functionalities, deploying custom/3rdparty applications
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experienced in working with REST APIs using JSON
- Experienced in driving Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery: Angular 2+, Azure DevOps, NGXS, Redux
- Database Management Systems: MS SQL, Postgres, MongoDB
- Strong coding skills, with the ability to code review other developers code and to support junior members in adhering to coding and architectural standards
·The ability to confidently and clearly communicate complex technical information to colleagues
- Interest in design methodologies and software patterns
- Capable of working under occasional pressure, comfortable about working to tight timing deadlines
- Ability to manage a team and coach junior members of the team
- Ability to work with the project managers to ensure that sprints are delivered on time
- Experience of scrum teams & sprint
- Supporting agile best practices (code reviews, unit tests etc)
Forward you CV NOW for further details on this exciting new opportunity and the real chance to work for a leading organisation within the travel and entertainment industry.