4 months ago
- To ensure safe, continuous and efficient operation of the production line to meet customer requirements in accordance with Safety Hygiene, Quality, Quantity and Cost. (SHQQC)
- To lead, coach and develop up to 30 direct reports to achieve day to day KPIs
- To ensure safe working practices are adopted at all times in accordance with health and safety policies, procedures and legislation.
- To ensure the hygiene of your team, machinery and working areas meets the sites hygiene standards at all times.
- To co-ordinate the transfer and correct use of materials from preparation, ensuring traceability is maintained at all times.
- To adhere to the product specification all times to manufacture quality products efficiently and within time and quantity parameters.
- To drive and motivate team to meet and exceed daily targets and deadlines (i.e. Units Per Man hour) using tools such as 5s, performance boards, SOPs etc
- Accurately and timely complete all required documentation to enable clear traceability.
- To communicate and update all relevant parties of any issues or changes.
- To monitor and action all waste control initiatives.
- To manage, coach, and develop all direct reports, training colleagues against SOPs and dealing with HR issues as they arise
- To conduct job rotation to reduce health and safety risks and to multi skill team.
- To ensure 100% completion of daily rituals.
- To attend internal and external taste panels as and when required.
- To drive Lean/continuous improvement projects initiated from KPIs, encouraging colleagues to challenge the status quo using problem solving tools such as 5 why and A3
Key Performance Measures
- Completion of all necessary operations documentation including information gathering requirements (Boards/MARCO) with regards to Production Plan, Technical and Quality procedures.
- Pence per unit and direct labour KPIs
- Waste reduction and Lean Project updates.
The role holder must consistently adopt a professional and confident approach to their work and when dealing with internal and external customers. They must be self-motivated and be an excellent communicator at all levels of the business .They must be a team player who demonstrates a high level of commitment, adopts a flexible, positive and proactive approach, and able to demonstrate tenacity, and assume accountability for their work. The role holder must have the ability to work unsupervised with good time management skills in order to meet tight deadlines, have the confidence to challenge information and ensure attention to detail at all times in a fast paced, pressurised and challenging environment.
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of role and SHQQC
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Time management
- Leadership - coaching and developing
- Problem Solving
- Team working
- Planning and organising
- Experience of Lean/CI improvements
- Basic Food Hygiene
- Basic Health & Safety
- HACCP and Allergen Awareness.
- Working knowledge of problem solving tools ie. Six Sigma, 5 Why
- SOP Training