Are you a self starter looking for your next big career move?
Do you have experience putting together forward thinking itineraries for HNWI?
Would you like to work directly with one of the travel industrys leading ladies?
If so, we'd love to hear from you!
Established in 2014 Blue Marble Private curates unique travel experiences for discerning individuals, families and like-minded groups to all corners of the globe, and beyond. Drawing on extensive first-hand knowledge of the world’s most luxurious destinations and intrepid travel experiences, the team works together with a network of global contacts to design unique itineraries for high-profile, high and ultra-high net worth clients. We offer truly bespoke travel at its very best.
The purpose of the role is to create and convert bespoke itineraries for both private individuals and corporate clients wishing to travel to all corners of the globe – ranging from the Scottish Highlands to the depths of Antarctica. Our expertise is in crafting extraordinary travel experiences for affluent private clients – some of whom are extremely high-profile – and senior level corporate groups. Working as part of a niche travel business you must ensure that travel concepts and itineraries are presented to clients in line with the company’s values and branding, with the aim of exceeding client expectations by designing and managing truly bespoke journeys and adventures.
In addition to the core purpose of travel designing, by working within an entrepreneurial environment in a small team of 4 there are broader areas of the business which you are likely to be involved with, including:
- Pairing unique, original travel planning with enticing design and creative presentation - writing engaging copy and sourcing appropriate imagery for pre-travel documents, itineraries and supporting client communications.
- Research new destinations and travel ideas on an ongoing basis to share with our clients with a consideration of their interests and travel history
- Supporting new business development and pitches to support the company's ongoing growth.
- Working with guidance from the company’s Founder together with your own initiative to research and develop suitable marketing and PR opportunities.
- You will be actively encouraged to travel and understand the world which we share with our clients, benefiting from our relationships with suppliers who throughout the year offer familiarisation trips.
The Skills Required
- A self-starter with an entrepreneurial mind-set and enthusiasm to take ownership of projects which you are briefed on.
- Demonstrate excellent communication – written and verbal.
- The ability to multi-task and work to deadlines, possessing strong organisational and time management skills.
- Work well with direction from the company’s Founder and team, as well using your own initiative to work independently.
- Comfortable interacting with clients and suppliers over the telephone with a “listening ear”, via email, as well as the opportunity to meet in person and representing the company at networking events.
- Consider costs incurred through potential marketing and new business opportunities with a realistic ROI.
- Solid experience of sales and luxury travel planning.
The Fine Print
Reporting to: Elizabeth Ellis, Founder of Blue Marble Private
Start date: TBC
Location: Westbourne Grove, London
Basis: Full time, Monday to Friday from 9am - 6pm with one hour for lunch. Additional hours as the business requires and the role may require international travel for attendance at travel trade shows.
Salary: From £27,000 - £34,000 based on experience, OTE £8,000-£10,000
Bonus structure: 10% commission earned of profits on completed client trips where you have acted as the primary contact for the client.
Benefits: 25 days paid holiday PA, birthday off, travel industry rates & FAM's.