Luxury Tailor Made Travel Advisor - London - £22k plus bonus and uncapped commission
Working for this leading tour operator as a travel advisor you will be resposible for selling tailor made holidays to destinations such as the Caribbean, Cuba, Egypt, Indian Ocean and Dubai
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* To meet and exceed daily and monthly profit/revenue targets.
* Contribute to maximum productivity of the Department using up selling and cross selling skills on booked holidays.
* Undergo training and use that training throughout your employment.
* Understand how to move clients through the stages of the sales cycle, from initial enquiry stage all the way through negotiation to securing the booking.
* Contribute effectively and assist in dealing with client problems and grievances both prior to travel, when in resort and on return.
* Manage information systems such as Amadeus, Viewdata and any other systems that the Company chooses to implement.
* Ensure fare, hotel and destination information is accurately given to clients and is correct on all systems.
* Responsibility for providing quotations to customers and following up those quotations with the intent to convert them into booked holidays.
* Be available for work during weekends and evenings as required.
* To attend, when made available, familiarisation trips to our holiday destinations in order to appreciate first hand the holidays the Company sells.
• Experience of a structured, relationship-based sales cycle within the travel or other industry.
• Knowledge of Amadeus and/or any mainstream CRM system (preferred).
• Microsoft Office 2000.
• Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines, prioritise and co-ordinate tasks.
• Ability to utilise up selling and cross selling skills.
• Numerate with ability to interpret data.
• Ability to persuade and negotiate.
• Effective communication skills, both written and oral.
• Strong customer service ability.
• Organisational skills.
• Commercial focus and sales oriented.
• At least 1 years relevant experience working in an ABTA Travel Agency or Tour Operator.
• At least 1 years formal sales experience in a customer-service oriented environment.
• Good team worker, with flexible approach to dealing with conflicting demands.
• Ability to use initiative.
• Willing to travel within the UK and abroad.