Luxury travel company is looking for a luxury travel Consultant to join their knowledgeable team
Luxury Travel Consultant Skills:
1.Experience of retail sales with one of the multiple high street travel agencies along with experience from a well-known tour operator (not just call centre or internet based operator selling set products)
2. Worldwide long haul destination knowledge not essential but can’t just have specific continent knowledge such as just selling Australasia. The European mass market destination experience is more important for this role.
3. Any GDS experience, or even none but must have an understanding of airline fares and booking classes.
4. Extensive worldwide travel experience not essential but must have holidayed abroad regularly and have the desire to visit new destinations.
Luxury Travel Consultant Experience:
1. Would have between 2 – 5 years’ experience of working in a successful independent retail travel agency* dealing with clients both face to face plus via email and phone.
2. A proven track record of sales being knowledgeable (not necessarily expert) about European and long haul destinations including weather patterns and resort attributes.
3. Have the manner, temperament and eloquence to be able to connect and converse with the clients in order to close the sale, plus be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
4. Experience of both selling ABTA packages with a good knowledge of independent tour operators plus being able to dynamically package under an ATOL licence using a wide variety of suppliers including bedbanks, direct contracts, internet booking engines such as Expedia and direct sell airlines.
6. Passion for travel and to have travelled extensively, and keen to travel further.
7. Desire to learn and improve knowledge.