Exceptional opportunity to join a market leading travel company who is a growing, dynamic luxury travel company, originally founded a decade ago . Since then, they have gone from strength to strength, planning private luxury tours in Latin America, Africa, Asia, Australasia and Europe for an international clientele. Our clients mission is “to make travel uplifting” for travellers, ourselves and the world itself. This is a great opportunity for a bright and motivated person to develop and grow one of our newer regions as Head of Europe. The role is an exciting and dynamic one selling luxury tailor-made private trips, managing a team of 5 people, and building strong relationships with suppliers to improve our offerings across Europe. Responsibilities
Luxury Sales Manager Responsibilities
· Developing the Europe department by selecting product, researching areas, sourcing and building relationships with suppliers.
· Creating and selling luxury tailormade holidays to clients. This involves consultation by email and phone with the client and may also include some administrative support of sales.
· Managing your team in a nurturing and cooperative manner, and reporting to the MD and Sales Director with reports and progress of your team.
· Reviewing and updating product continually to ensure the best service and choice for our clients
· Working with others to share ideas and encouraging arranging and delivering training sessions on product both from suppliers and within department
· Developing strong relationships with all on the ground to ensure our clients are treated well and we get additional perks through this connection
· Working side by side with the Content and Product Managers to design sample itineraries for the website, and ensure online information is up-to-date and relevant
· Working with the Sales Director to train new members of staff.
· Contributing with new marketing initiatives to promote more interest in Europe
· Utilising our systems for the team’s benefit encouraging higher levels of knowledge on the product available and assisting them in self-development through publishing webinars and videos of relevant properties
Luxury Sales Manager Skills
· An enthusiasm and passion for Europe, and an ability to articulate that to others by phone and email with confidence and credibility
· Ability to think strategically, but also be action-focused – particularly during busy periods
· Excellent relationship-building and management skills to quickly engage with a wide range of clients and colleagues
· Self-motivated, proactive, ability to multi task and work under pressure
· A sound understanding and empathy for clients' needs and a desire to actively seek to improve the clients' experience.
· Well-developed problem solving skills: Pre-empts and seeks to resolve potential problems and issues before they occur; demonstrates good judgement in knowing when to act independently and when to escalate an issue to senior management.
· Driven and determined to always do better and improve what we offer in terms of sales, service and efficiency
· Diligent and efficient when following up on leads
· Strong organisational and time management skills
· Ability to give and receive feedback in a constructive and positive manner
· A good understanding of what is important for marketing purposes, i.e. what makes good news stories and what sells to clients, and also what draws people in.
· A ‘big picture’ mindset – appreciative of the team’s position as an organization comprised of different teams collectively working together towards the goal