Luxury Travel Sales and Product Manager, up to £43k basic, central London
A sales and Product manager is required to head up the sales and product department of highly accredited travel operator .
To manage, inspire and develop a stand-alone team of Beach and Cruise travel consultants to achieve and exceed sales and profitability targets whilst developing a unique and differentiated product offering under the Beach and Cruise marketing banners.
To ensure the sales culture is tenacious, entrepreneurial and nimble in a highly competitive market. To ensure every sales opportunity is maximized and that our client has exposure to the most competitive pricing available from its suppliers through a series of generated preferred relationships.
The Sales and Product Manager will develop and contract beach and cruise product, ensuring differentiation at all times. The Sales and Product Manager will be an advocate for the brand and work with suppliers on co-operative marketing support for marketing campaigns and initiatives.
Requiring their own ingenuity and independence whilst reporting into the Sales and Product Directors, the Sales and Product Manager will be responsible for the delivery of maximum sustainable profits and the creation of a culture of excellence in customer service.
Key Responsibilities - Sales
- To exceed the minimum key performance indicators and financial targets for our clients sales teams.
- To promote a culture of entrepreneurship within the sales teams, ensuring they are nimble for every sale and fight on price, service and speed to win the booking there and then.
- Supervising, motivating and monitoring individual sales performances of travel consultants. Publishing routine league tables of sales performance and promoting an appropriately competitive spirit across the team.
- To carry out one formal performance review each month with each member of the team and review performance against the individual business plan.
- To prioritise coaching and development needs throughout the month to include live coaching and feedback as well as recorded call listening and feedback.
- To communicate with the Sales Director in relation to poor sales performance or customer service.
- To identify periods or destinations where sales are under performing and devise strategies to generate business for these regions/periods
- Take responsibility for the active distribution of sales leads in the best interest of the client – ensuring that all new enquiries are dealt with by the most appropriate travel consultant within an appropriate time.
- Effectively managing good performance - to maintain and build enthusiasm, celebrate success; to constantly challenge; to invest in further developing skills and then promoting/sharing their best practice techniques across the office.
- Plan educational travel for team members and trade agents, to meet the commercial objectives of the company
- To provide accurate sales forecasting reports when required.
- To ensure that all clients have a consistently excellent service from the very start of their contact with the company to their post travel conversations
- Take responsibility for problem solving in a professional and diplomatic manner to maintain customer service levels
- Management of the pre and post customer relations function for Beach and Cruise, striving to stay within financial guidelines whilst at the same time maximising repeat business.
- Ensure that any issues which arise in resort are dealt with promptly and sympathetically in order to achieve client satisfaction and retention
Key Responsibilities - Product
- To ensure that we are buying beach and cruise at the most competitive rate. Lead all negotiations. To report on the profitability of performance of beach and cruise.
- To ensure that the Travel Consultants have product knowledge and are fully supported, enabling them to ‘sell’ the destination effectively. To constantly monitor the product knowledge of Travel Consultants.
- To organise and operate PR trips for journalists as and when required.
- Source new product to innovate and ensure that what our client offering is relevant, creative and marketable. Keep abreast of product featured in key media. More importantly, to appreciate what the clients are actually asking for and communicating this effectively to our suppliers, not least our own DMCs.
- To maintain positive relationships with all suppliers, in the best interests our client. Where applicable provide them with regular reports on profitability and competitor activity, encouraging the sharing and transparency of margins.
- Set the mark-ups and deliver a pricing strategy, ensuring our clients are competitive, whilst holding acceptable margins. To be knowledgeable of current market prices and product innovations through routine competitor analysis.
- To ensure that the product we sell has met the appropriate Health & Safety requirements and that contracts are in place with all suppliers.
- To set targets with suppliers, with lucrative over-ride deals in place where possible.
- To consistently monitor product performance, through client feedback, paying particular attention to guide quality.
- To liaise with our suppliers and the Sales and Product Directors to create tactical campaigns to stimulate enquiries.
- To provide product, including special offers, to support the Marketing and PR function of the company