Due to further expansion of our business, we are looking for an experienced and meticulous Management Accountant. The Management Accountant will be located in our head office
The Management Accountant will need strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to present information in different formats. They will also need to have the ability to work under pressure and manage their own priorities; which is a key requirement of the role.
This role would suit a motivated and proactive Management Accountant with excellent analytical skills and the ability to prioritise a demanding workload. Previous experience working in the Cruise/Travel finance sectors in a similar role would be an advantage.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook Email and Sage 200
• Experience working with accountancy software.
• To have had experience in vat reporting and an understanding of toms.
• High level of accuracy and excellent attention to detail.
• To have an understanding of fx and fx hedging.
• To have a happy, enthusiastic and organised approach to your work, which can be demanding, but rewarding, during peak periods of the season.
• Previous experience in managing/supervising a finance team, would be a strong advantage.
• Ability to work to strict deadlines and under pressure is a key requirement of the role.
• Travel industry experience a strong advantage.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Preparing periodic financial statements, including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries.
• Providing a support service by working with all departments and the management team to help make financial decisions
• Offering professional judgement on financial matters and advising on ways of improving business performance.
• To have a good understanding of group accounting and the maintaining intercompany
• To review and analyse the current financial system in place and implement new procedures and changes.
• To maintain and manage the intercompany accounts for all the businesses in the group.
• Collate, analyse and present accurate management information to senior management.
• Responsibility for the day to day running of all finance reporting ensuring that all financial information that is produced is correct and accurate.
Standard office hours are Monday to Friday from 09.00 to 17.30hrs.
• A workplace pension scheme will be offered after three months continuous service
• Free on-site car parking
• Newly refurbished office
• Discounts on selected travel services
• Excellent training opportunities including an Educational Cruise.