Our client is seeking a Management Couple to run our well established, friendly lodge in the Channel Islands. The ideal candidates will be a General Manager and a Head Chef or Bar Manager with the relevant experience in hospitality.
This is an exciting and unique development opportunity for the right couple. Our client is at a time of growth and wants you to be part of an exciting journey – not only to carry its success and legacy forward, but to bring your experience and knowledge to the table and have autonomy to run the business down the line.
This luxury lodge is only 9 miles from France, steeped in history and spectacular scenery. It is lined with dramatic cliffs and beautiful low-lying beaches with white sands.
For somewhere so small it has a great deal to offer, something quite unique with its quirky charm and character welcoming people with a laid back and carefree attitude that seems to have escaped most nowadays.
The team is a melting pot of individuals from islanders, ski and summer seasonnaires, from all corners of the UK (London, Manchester, Cornwall, Scotland), Australians, European but all with same passion for delivering a great service, taking great pride in what they do, and supporting each other.
This will be a great opportunity for a current FOH or Restaurant Manager seeking progression.
Your career begins here, duties include:
- Responsible for the smooth running and profitability of the pub, restaurant and hotel.
- Managing the day to day of the front of house as The General Manager and one will be competent in leading the kitchen or bar as Head Chef or Bar Manager.
- Ensure the well-being, satisfaction and comfort of all residents and customers.
- Hold regular staff, management meetings and maintain high levels of communication.
- Assist in building the events calendar and marketing in-house.
- Promote and put together functions, events, outside catering and weddings.
- Work alongside the Director on the running of the sister lodge.
- Take responsibility for recruitment, training and the on-going management of the team.
- Undertake the necessary administration – banking, reconcile daily takings, wages, rotas, menus etc.
- Experience in overseeing a team and strong leadership skills are essential.
- A passion and knowledge for great food and beverage is required alongside a natural ability to deliver friendly & attentive service
- Ideally experience in the day to day running of a pub, restaurant or hotel.
- Experience in successfully managing, leading and motivating a team.
- Proficient in IT and accounting.
- Business minded, highly motivated and forward thinking.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and strong communication with both customers, suppliers and staff.
- Our client will offer a generous total value package, which includes a competitive salary, & bonus schemes
- Staff discounts & ﬂights
- Accommodation where required
- Development opportunities both professionally – as part of a team creating a new and innovative hotel experience
- Plus many more perks.