An Adventure Travel specialist has a fantastic opportunity for a Marketing Executive (Maternity Cover).
Every member of the team agrees to actively contribute to the company’s success. The company has a flexible and open working culture and expects all staff to be flexible in their own approach. This means being willing to help out with any task, role or project at any time, as required. It is equally important that all team members have a positive, pro-active and customer-focused attitude, and are happy to work in an ever-changing business environment.
Role Summary and Job Purpose:
This role supports the Brand Manager in the delivery of a variety of brand and communications projects. You will be responsible for the planning and delivery of direct mail and brochures for the company, plus work closely with the Brand Manager to deliver advertising campaigns, events and trade marketing. Ensuring these communications are delivered on time, within budget, resulting in profitable outcomes for the business.
The role will involve most aspects of putting together a marketing campaign - from pulling insights together, briefing, collating content and sourcing offers, creative interpretation, some copy-writing, right through to sign off and delivery. Meaning collaboration with a variety of teams across the business and Marketing team is essential. Stakeholder management is particularly key in this role for brochure projects.
- To own and produce high quality direct mail campaigns including planning initial layouts, briefing content writer, choosing images and briefing design team to ensure campaigns are delivered to budget and deadline. Also includes working with the CRM Manager to decide targeting criteria and ensuring measurement criteria is in place.
- Manage the brochure production critical path schedule to co-ordinate effort and execution of content from around the business, working closely with the design team and Product owners. Brief print and content writers accordingly. Produce dedicated brochure mailers and cover sheets to coincide with brochure launch activity.
- To work with the CRM Manager to measure and report on the results of each campaign using the CRM system, making recommendations for future activity. Assist with campaign data selections using the CRM system as required, ensuring that selections are accurate and relevant to each campaign.
- Work with the Brand Manager to support on the creation of offline trade and consumer advertising, ensuring content is accurate, to agreed design specification and delivered to deadline.
- Support the overseas teams by assisting Brand Manager with marketing activity as required.
- Assist with sourcing quotes for the branded merchandise and liaising with suppliers as required.
- Assist with the set-up of shows and events including the design and print of show collateral including flyers and any other requirements, as needed.
- Monitoring trends within the industry and 1-2-1 marketing to ensure work is market leading - identifying new opportunities, trends and best practice to enhance ROI.
- Be a proactive member of the Marketing team, building relationships with key areas of the business and external suppliers in order to deliver all campaigns.
Enthusiastic team player
Customer-focused and understands importance of service delivery excellence
Is able to challenge processes, keep to schedule and deliver quality campaigns on time
Commercially minded, self-motivated a problem-solver
Friendly, approachable and flexible with a strong ability to build a good report with the wider team and effectively communicate at all levels
Skills and Experience
- Understanding of marketing priorities
- Proven ability to work to deadlines
- Demonstrable organisation/communication/interpersonal skills
-Good degree of numeracy and literacy
- Strong attention to detail, with passion to ensure accuracy and efficiency
-Strong planning and organisational skills with great time management
- Strong creative and copy-writing skills, and ability to write for the target audience
-Good head for numbers, with ability in Excel
- Customer champion committed to putting the customer at the centre of their work
-Strong understanding of direct mail practices and production
- Experience of working with external agencies
- Travel industry experience / Experience of working in a similar position in travel
- Knowledge of brochure production and print buying