about 1 year ago
A Very Reputable Luxury Tour Operator are looking for an experienced marketing executive to join their thriving team. Reporting to the Marketing Manager, you would preferably have travel industry experience. An interest in brochure production / distribution, event management and / or direct mail is desirable.
Core areas of responsibility:
* Working with the commercial team to support direct mail activity and brochure production, including copy-writing; proof reading; liaising with the designer; sourcing distribution of client data.
* Day-to-day management and liaison with a third-party Brochure Distribution Centre (BDC), including monitoring and reporting brochure stock levels.
* Maintaining clean data in line with data protection regulations; generation of mailing lists using the in-house CRM system; ensuring all database amendments are actioned on our in-house system and on our main database.
* Planning and organising consumer travel shows and exhibitions, such as Destinations travel show and client events.
* Support partnership and co-operative third-party marketing campaigns, including liaising with partners such as tourist offices, airlines and hotels; preparing proposals; invoicing; post-campaign reporting.
* Support internal brand campaigns including idea generation; planning; copywriting; advertising; delivery and post-campaign reporting.
* Support the Marketing Manager in the running of reports to monitor the impact of marketing activities using in-house data as well as Google Analytics, Dotmailer and Response Tap.
* Support the scheduling, writing, proofing, budget management, analysis and reporting for all types of advertising, primarily newspapers and magazines, in addition to radio and digital activity.
* Provide new sales staff with a marketing department overview and training. Ensuring all relevant staff are made aware of new marketing initiatives.
* Assist with the compilation, distribution and result collation of the regular email newsletters. Assist with the collation of copy, images and video for any online display advertising campaigns and other online promotions.
* Liaising with third party organisations regarding the supply of images, text and data for use in the promotion on other websites and off-line.
* Supporting the social media and content team, where required.
* Additional ad-hoc marketing activities, as required.
The ideal candidate would have the following experience and qualities:
* Prior experience in a similar marketing role, ideally within the travel industry
* An interest in luxury travel and destinations
* Exceptional ability at planning, organising and prioritising multi-faceted campaigns
* Experience of brochure production and / or direct mail and distribution
* Event management experience e.g. consumer shows and client functions
* Database management and compliance knowledge
* Excellent copywriting, numerical, communication and analytical skills
* Highly literate with an exceptional eye for written and design detail
* Proficiency at use of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel. Knowledge of InDesign, Response Tap, Google Analytics and Dotmailer are beneficial
* A relevant qualification e.g. marketing / business
* Competitive salary (£27,000 - £29,000, subject to experience)
* Contemporary office in central London
* 10-15 minute walk from Vauxhall (Zone 2)
* Flexible shifts - choose from either 9-5.30pm or 9.30-6pm
* Relaxed, fun and flexible environment
* Employee travel offers and discounts for personal travel / friends and family
* Half day on Christmas Eve and early finish on New Year's Eve
* Familiarisation trips
* Cycle to work scheme
* Season ticket loan
* Welcome lunch upon joining the company
* Surprise gifts on your birthday
* Annual summer drinks and Christmas party
* Employee referral scheme - rewards for recruiting new team members
* Inter-team events, including an annual ping pong tournament
If you feel you have the skill set for this role, please apply online. The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary.