Work closely with the marketing manager and marketing team to increase brand awareness, drive customer acquisition, retention and engagement while ensuring consistency of brand messaging. A key part of the role is building relationships with third-parties such as media, partners, affiliates (such as Tourist Boards), advertising agencies and designers.
• Brand Ambassador – ensure the brand and brand values run through the DNA of the whole business. initiate innovative ways to communicate the brand to both existing and new customers. Keep the brand fresh and ahead of the competition.
• Responsible for all internal marketing communications
Direct Mail / Print / Advertising
• Responsible for the planning, production and reporting of all direct mail materials, liaising closely with the CRM Executive to segment customer data for mailings
• Responsible for the planning, coordination, compilation, layout, design image selection, proofing and distribution of all brochure(s) and all other direct marketing and ensuring projects meet all required deadlines
• Responsible for annually updating and delivering overseas branding and collateral ensuring deadlines are met. Always looking for innovative ways to deliver a better customer experience each season.
• Responsible for stock control of office based marketing collateral (including uniform and branded office stationery) and for brochure/direct mail office-based despatch ensuring client details are entered on the CRM where required
• Responsible for ensuring the CRM database is updated on receipt of notification of any direct mail returns
• Assist with identifying ways to improve marketing communications with other areas of the business including B2B agency communications and recruitment drives in line with business objectives
• Responsible for the production, implementation and reporting of all offline advertisements and sponsorships. Work closely with the advertising agency to come up with new and creative ways to reach target markets with promotional messages
• Assist with the management of design agencies and workflow to meet agreed business deadlines
PR & Awards
• Responsible for the co-ordination, delivery and reporting of all PR campaigns and further develop all PR relationships maximising brand exposure through all channels
• Build rapport with travel industry media contacts consumer and trade) to help communicate key messages and launch campaigns. This includes networking at industry events and being 'the face of the company .
• Must think outside of the traditional media and consider bloggers, vloggers, social media channels etc.
• Identify the best award(s) to target and put together a strategy to win an award each year - such as British Travel Awards, World Ski Awards, World Snow Awards etc.
• Work with the marketing manager and team to plan the annual content strategy
• Produce engaging multi-channel content both ahead of time and to tight deadlines when required
• Build rapport with overseas teams to ensure we have the most up-to-date information and news from resorts
• Working with the marketing manager, responsible for the co-ordination, delivery and reporting of all co-op/affiliate marketing campaigns, maximising income, data capture and ROI
• Build and develop close reciprocal relationships with partners that may include kit suppliers, media partners, indoor ski venues, insurance companies, ski couriers and airport lounges
Photography & Video
• Responsible for organising, indexing and maintaining the internal photo library ensuring that all images are credited where required, images are cross referenced and easily accessed and that old imagery is archived and new imagery/video sourced
• Have a priority list of photo-shoots required each season and know the best photographers available. Organise the logistics of photo shoots and travel overseas to assist with the organisation and set-up of the chalets, when required.
Marketing and PR executive Person Specification
• Experience of building relationships with third-parties, such media, event organisers and tourist boards
• Strong copy-writing and proofing skills, with a flair for creative writing
• Excellent attention to detail
• Highly motivated, enthusiastic and with initiative and creativity
• Strong team player and able to collaborate with colleagues to achieve the best results
• Interest in adventure sports and travel
• Project Management skills
• Experience of working with external agencies (such advertising, PR, design agencies)
• Passion for good design and photography
• Experience of working with various stakeholders
• Experience of brochure production and distribution
• Experience of overseeing print production
• Working knowledge of Photoshop
• Highly organised with experience of balancing multiple projects
• Basic understanding of Google Analytics
• Experience of setting-up and working at shows and exhibitions
• Able to assess the ROI of campaigns make recommendations based on the analysis of campaign performance data
• Experience of setting-up and running photo shoots, including the briefing of photographers and organising logistics