At the heart of Edwardian Hotels London is a simple founding belief-: that from back of house to the boardroom we are all Hosts. Everyone is encouraged to express their individuality and initiative, and to bring their passion to work. (We may wear uniforms, but we don't believe in uniformity.)
Everything we do is driven by a desire to exceed our guests', clients and partners expectations. To surprise and delight. To make the time our guests choose to spend with us genuinely exceptional. So that even the shortest stay with us, will last long in their memory. Everyone who works here does this every day across our portfolio of brands, in highly prestigious locations in London and beyond.
For 40 years Edwardian Hotels London has built upon this ambition, and as a family owned company we're proud of the freedom our independence this gives us to grow our business on a relentless and memorable curve - upwards.
With an enviable collection of luxurious distinctive hotels and restaurants such as The May Fair Hotel, Radisson Blu Edwardian London Hotels, Steak and Lobster, Scoff and Banter, May Fair Kitchen, Annayu and May Fair Bar; in the most desirable locations of the UK's most vibrant cities, EHL's vision is unique: To Be Memory Makers.
Being a Memory Maker as an Meeting and Events Operations Team Leader
In this role, you will become part of the Edwardian family and work within Meeting and Events Operations
- To provide excellent customer service, making each guest feel special and to maximize revenue in assigned conference and banqueting areas
- To work closely with the Conference and Banqueting Operations Team Leader to achieve success indicators and perform effectively in areas of responsibility
- Knowledge of IT applications: Micros, Opera, Hotmenu, My HR World, Saflock, Word as appropriate
- Knowledge of Food and beverage service standards and C and B room set-ups
- Has a good command of the English language
- Knowledge of Radisson Blu Edwardian systems and procedures
- Confident ability to communicate and establish rapport
- Decision-making: Improve decision making by clarifying goals, sharing perspectives, identifying options and created a way forward.
- Performance Management/Supervisory: Ability to relate to, communicate with, and motivate employees to sustain high performance and quality levels.
- Coaching: Develop and guide others in professional growth and performance enhancement through assuring clarity of goals, employing reflective listening skills, and facilitating the generation of options and action planning.
- Delegation: Assign tasks using such techniques as needs analysis, individual skills assessment, objective setting, and communication.
- Creates 100% guest satisfaction by providing the company experience through performance that demonstrates the standards of, genuine hospitality and exceeding guest expectations
- Gives personal attention, takes personal responsibility and uses teamwork when providing guest service
- Listens, apologizes with empathy, finds a solution and follows through when resolving guest problems
- Provides Yes I Can genuine hospitality and teamwork on an ongoing basis
- Assumes the responsibility to notice when the guest is not satisfied and uses their best judgment as to when it is appropriate to use the 100% Guest Satisfaction
- Leads, and participates in, the day-to-day running of all operational aspects of the conference and banqueting department
- Coordinates the set-up of rooms and other public areas in accordance with Radisson Blu Edwardian C and B standards ensuring that rooms are maintained to Show-round standard when not in use
- Ensures that all clients are effectively met and welcomed
- Attends all staff meetings, as required and conducts daily meetings to discuss event detail, special requests and product development
- Assists in monthly inventories
- Ensures that all storage areas, still rooms and bar areas are cleaned and inspected on a regular basis
- Ensures that appropriate account and cash bar procedures are implemented in accordance with agreed standards
- Ensure all legislative and company fire, health and safety and security guidelines are upheld
- Leads by example, and motivates C and B employees to make people feel special
- Communicates and reinforces the vision of Making People Feel Special to employees
- Provides employees with the tools necessary to perform job responsibilities
- Seeks opportunities to improve the guest experience by seeking feedback and developing strategies to improve department and hotel services
- Gives personal attention, takes personal responsibility and uses teamwork to provide excellent guest service
- Assumes responsibility to gather information about each guest in order to update client database, and uses details to ensure a truly personal service
- Trains, coaches and recognises employees
- Assists in the recruitment of qualified staff
- Provides employees with the orientation and training needed to understand expectations and perform job responsibilities
- Communicates performance expectations and provide employees with ongoing feedback
- Provides employees with coaching and counselling as needed to achieve performance objectives and reach their fullest potential
- Controls departmental budget
- Assumes responsibility for minimizing costs, by controlling equipment use, linen, taxis, food, beverage, consumables, etc
- Maintain the security of meeting rooms
- Adheres to cash and float procedures
- Controls staffing levels, to maintain a balance between customer demands, profitability and employee preferences, by ensuring appropriate number of staff on duty, and supervising the completion of C and B staff timesheets
- Seeks to increase potential revenue by providing outstanding service and direct contact with clients, and up-selling food and beverage and hotel services
- Performs other duties as required in the Service Excellence Team
- Carries out any reasonable request that may be made by senior management
- Takes an active role in general Hotel duty management and F and B senior person on duty
- Performs other duties required to provide the service brand behavior and genuine hospitality
We Believe In Developing and Delighting Our Hosts So You Will Receive:
- Competitive Salary
- Complimentary 2 night stay in a luxury Edwardian Hotel of your choice (after 2 years service)
- Preferential accommodation rates for all Edwardian Hotels for Hosts, friends and family
- Discounts on food and beverage up to 50% in all Edwardian restaurants and bars
- Discounts on Spas and beauty treatments
- Hot meals and salad bar, teas, coffees and juices provided each day
- Uniforms provided per role requirement
All Hosts must have valid permission to live and work in the United Kingdom. Verification of documentation will be undertaken as part of the recruitment process.