Operations Assistant - Tour Operator - Surrey up to £22K
This well-established and profitable family of specialist tour operators, has a strong tradition of excellence & high standards of quality and service. Each of their companies is incredibly passionate about its holidays, and their staff both in UK and overseas are focussed to ensure that they meet, indeed exceed the expectations of their discerning and loyal customers.
The Operations Team is responsible for all aspects of their guests' travel arrangements across all brands including the control of a large scheduled flight programme; organisation of a rail and self-drive programmes; ticketing and travel documentation and a 24/7 Duty Office function. They are looking for an Operations Assistant to join them.
Operations Assistant - Key responsibilities
- Confirming bookings on low cost carriers and reconciling costs for accounts.
- Using Smartpoint for scheduled flying and issuing groups/flight tickets.
- Assistance with the preparation of flight tickets and travel documentation.
- Issuing of Rail tickets / updating Rail Itineraries.
- Dealing with queries/Emails from Reservations, Guest Services and direct guests.
- Helping to plan & assisting with the administration and loading of the various flight programmes.
- Ensuring that flight times and capacities are correctly loaded in Mythos.
- Liaising with Pre Departure teams to ensure that guests are promptly and correctly advised of flight alterations.
- Passing of passenger loads and manifesting of names to airlines.
- Assisting the Duty Office at weekends on a rota basis
- Pre-seating aircrafts and pre-booked seats
- Updating customer documentation and web information
- Working with all team members to help improve and implement new practices and procedures
- Dealing with Airlines directly to amend/modify booking
Operations Assistant - Skills & Expereince
- Knowledge & experience of Mythos or a similar tour operating computerised reservations system
- Experience of Galileo or another airline GDS system and ticketing would be useful.
- Experience of our overseas operations procedures would be helpful
- Strong organisational and administrative skills with good attention to detail.
- Excel/Word knowledge essential
- Good communication skills and an excellent approach to customer service
- Ability to work in a team or on your own, and to tight and potentially changing deadlines.
- Must be adaptable and proactive and stay calm - sometimes under great pressure.
- Flexible 'can do' attitude, and sense of urgency, ability to thrive in a fast paced work environment
- Ability to work unsupervised and to tight deadlines
Operations Assistant - Qualifications and background
- Excellent written English
- Some familiarity with the company products and services would be an advantage (not essential).
- Ideally a winter-sports and adventure travel enthusiast.
- Proficient working knowledge of European languages an advantage
- Customer Centricity
- Organisational Skills
- Driving Results
- 37.5 hour week Mondays to Friday, 9am - 5.30pm (two days off per week) Weekend working, will also be required and a flexible approach is required at all times, with the operational needs of the business and excellent guest service the top priority. Please note that weekend shifts weekends and Bank Holidays, as "normal course of business".
Don't keep a good thing to yourself
We grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up. Many thanks.