Job Title: Operations Consultant
This is a very important role filling the gap between when a group is confirmed and when it is allocated to an operator and goes into full operations.
When a group is handed over to the Operations Consultant and it awaits hand-over to an Operations Executive, certain tasks need to be done and the Consultant is responsible for the following at the initial operational stage:
· To ensure that all necessary information has been provided by the Business Development Team during the hand-over process.
· To cross-check the file and the itinerary and services against that of the client to ensure that they are the same and in agreement and to identify any discrepancies and resolve these with the client at the earliest stage possible.
· To ensure that no supplier options or deadlines are missed.
· Identify and highlight any services such as entrances which may need to be booked early and where necessary, to book these.
· To deal with all suppliers such as hotels, coach companies and restaurants as and when necessary before hand-over to an Operations Executive.
· To correspond and communicate with clients and answer any queries they may have during this time. This sometimes involves providing them with requotes or pricing on additional or changed services.
· Building close working relationships with clients and suppliers
· Preparing the files for eventual hand-over to an Operations Executive.