An excellent role has arisen for an operations executive to join a wonderful travel company. The position will involve working in the sales support / operations department of the company.
Primary Admin / Operations Responsibilities
· Primary checking of costing sheet once a booking is confirmed by displaying the booking on the system, checking for mistakes and missing elements, and reading back the invoices and vouchers.
· Checking that all communication to hotels and ground agents is complete and accurate.
· Ensuring ticketing deadlines and ticketing rules are adhered to.
· Ensuring that all necessary confirmations have been received and entering confirmation notes in the history.
· Liaising with hotel reservations/agents to request confirmations if necessary.
· Printing a final copy of the invoice and either posting it after any necessary amendments have been made (bookings for departures outside of 3 weeks) or passing through the file to Operations if the booking is within 3 weeks of departure date (ready for documentation)
· Printing and enclosing ATOL certificates with confirmation invoices sent to direct clients
· Emailing invoices when required.
· Encouraging the Reservations Team to confirm bookings promptly and as early in the day as possible. Liaising with the Reservations Team on errors and issues arising from the checking and providing support and one to one training as needed.
· Highlighting training needs to the Reservations Supervisors
· Maintaining excellent product and sales knowledge.
· Assisting with documentation checking during staff shortages/very busy periods.
· Sharing destination knowledge with Reservations.
Secondary Admin / Operations responsibilities
· Assisting with documents checking during staff holidays/shortages and peak periods.
· Ad hoc administration and sales tasks as required.
· Extensive product knowledge.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Accuracy, precision and attention to detail.