The operations executive is responsible for administering a programme of tours and cruises from confirmation of booking through to departure. The focus of this role is on delivering accurate manifests and documentation to deadlines, whilst providing excellent customer service. All clients are very important to our client and it is essential that they meet and exceed the expectations of our passengers and deliver first class customer service, and customer sales support
Operations Executive Main Duties:
• Acquisition and maintenance of in depth product knowledge of tour programme and general knowledge of all other products on sale.
• Answering client or agent queries regarding tours in a timely manner.
• Assisting clients with changes and amendments to their bookings.
• Ensuring that any special requests (i.e., dietary, wheelchair assistance, etc) are accommodated where possible.
• Creating manifests, transfer and hotel rooming lists and providing these to Product Managers, suppliers and field staff.
• Advising airport representatives of late changes to passenger bookings
• Producing confirmation invoices
• Accurate and timely dispatch of pre departure information and final documentation
• As a back up to the sales department in busier periods, selling directly to the public and via travel agents over the telephone or dealing with clients face to face in the office. Cross selling on to other products if the required holiday is not available or suitable.
• As a back up to the sales department in busier periods, liaising with flight department re upgrade and ad hoc flight requests.
Operations Executive other skills
• Minimum of 2 year travel industry experience (cruise or tour operator preferred)
• Strong administration skills
• Accuracy and working to deadlines are fundamental to the role
• Able to prioritise and organize workload independently
• Strong ability to multitask independently
• Excellent communication skills
• Patient and empathetic telephone manner when dealing with clients
• Able to respond quickly and accurately to enquiries/changing priorities
• Keen eye for detail in order to produce detailed, accurate and professionally presented documentation
• Enthusiastic, reliable, self-motivated team player
• Awareness of current affairs both domestic and international
• Working knowledge of MS Office
• GCSE passes (or equivalent) in English & Maths are essential
• Diploma/degree in travel and tourism preferred