Award winning off-the-beaten-track specialists Travel The Unknown arrange small group and tailor-made tours of the highest calibre to a select range of destinations around the world. Established in 2008, the company is run by a small and dedicated team of experienced travel professionals who offer unrivalled personal service, fuelled by a passion to create intelligent and innovative travel ideas for their expanding client base. The company are looking for a full time marketing and product executive to join the small but expanding Travel The Unknown team. The job come with significant personal development and job advancement opportunities.
As a key member of our small team you will be responsible for a broad range of key tasks within the business including managing group communication (newsletters, social media), preparation of itineraries and trip documentation, largely for new tours and new destinations, dealing with suppliers in a wide range of countries, keeping trip quotes up-to-date, maintenance of customer management system, maintenance of product on the website, creation and management of content for brochures as well as dealing with a variety of situations as they occur. We are looking for a long term employee who is willing and able to grow with the role. The role comes with the opportunity for overseas travel to build on current knowledge, and forge new paths in travel.
- Liaising with suppliers from a range of different countries
- Development of new tours and products as required by the business
- Writing content for website, brochures and other promotional material
- Maintenance of website content, pricing, etc.
- Working with images, video
- Brochure mailouts and follow ups
- Invoicing and preparation of trip documentation
- Liaising with advertisers and external PR company
- Answering phone calls, responding to emails and being flexible to work on tasks as they arise
- Helping at trade fairs and occasional travel events (speaking with clients, preparation of documents, help setting up etc)
- Overseas familiarisation trips to expand knowledge and develop product knowledge.
Skills and competencies:
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (fluency in English essential)
- Ability to write engaging copy for target audience
- Good IT skills - especially working with spreadsheets. (Word/Excel/Gmail/Google Docs/Internet)
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in client-facing role
- Knowledge of any of our destinations is an advantage
- Good team player
- Customer focus
- Ideally 1-2 years’ travel industry experience but not required
Reports to: Company directors