At Flight Centre, we’re a great place to work. And we’re not just saying that. In fact, we’ve just achieved 12th place in the Great Place to Work® Awards 2019. Due to our growth and success, we now have an excellent opportunity for a full-time Monday to Friday Payroll Assistant to join us in our head office in New Malden (14 minutes from Clapham Junction).
The successful candidate will form part of the department known for its close-knit working teams and excellent atmosphere. You’ll be responsible for the monthly payroll processing and administration and answering any payroll queries for the company as a whole. At Flight Centre, we work hard but we congratulate each other’s successes, so you’ll become part of a team where you’ll be recognisedand rewarded as one of our top priorities!
Key responsibilities for the Payroll Assistant position:
- Process payments and incentives for Flight Centre UK and subsidiary companies
- Make manual calculations of salary adjustments and statutory payments
- Manage the current and future Apprenticeship programme funding and reporting
- Process starter, leaver and mover information
- Provide advice with regards to payroll and company policies
- Prepare and issue new contracts
- Data entry, filing and management of HR systems
We are looking for the following experience and characteristics:
- Previous experience working on payroll/in finance for a company
- Experience having worked on a payroll solutions system such as ADP
- Great organisational skills and a high attention to detail
- Microsoft Word and Excel knowledge
- Strong customer focus
- Emphasis on ownership and problem solving
Salary and benefits for the Payroll Assistant:
For this role, you’ll be rewarded with a competitive £23K - £26K salary. On top of this, you'll gain access to a wealth of fantastic award-winning benefits such as:
- Dedicated in-house travel team for incrediblydiscounted trips
- Charity fundraising and fun social events including summer ball, awards ceremonies
- Regular rewards and recognition events with free drinks and snacks
- Mental Health Awareness programmes
- Dedicated in-house health and fitness team with free health screenings
- 'Active Hour’ - an hour a week to exercise
- Free financial consultations
- Free health cash plan - claim money for dentist, optician etc.
- Generous share scheme and excellent pension scheme
- Season ticket loans and cycle-to-work scheme
- Annual leave entitlement increase after 1 year
- Opportunity to take 3-month sabbatical
Here at Flight Centre, we have a strong focus on building your career, and we believe in promoting from within. Our training is second-to-none and, as such, we offer a variety of opportunities to progress. We also have an excellent study policy, whereby agreed courses can be funded by the company.
If you want to work for the award-winning Flight Centre Travel Group, click the Apply Now button.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.