Personal Travel Consultant - London - £28k plus comm
An opportunity to join one of the market leading tour operators as a travel consultant responsible for selling an exceptional range of products and services to destiantions world wide
• To take responsibility for exceeding the passenger and revenue sales targets.
• To have the ability to work on own initiative as well as being an effective team player, supportive of work colleagues generally and willing to help out with any task, role or project at any time as requested
• To take accurate and comprehensive briefs via the phone or via email and respond within agreed time frames.
• Accountable for executing all assigned tasks to meet and exceed business and team targets.
• To develop relationships with key agents and build your own portfolio of repeat bookers that request bookings with you.
• Ability to seek out and follow up every sales opportunity or enquiry.
Skills and Experience
• Proven excellence in exceeding sales and targets backed up with good numeracy skills.
• Passion for overseas travel and for customers. Good understanding of distribution channels, both trade and consumer
• Strong IT skills including use of CSR and Amadeus as well as web and social media skills.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal (via email and over the phone) and the ability to prioritise your workload.
• To have an upbeat positive manner and a can do attitude, a desire and willingness to exceed expectations
• Strong organisational skills, attention to detail and the ability to prioritise tasks and see them through to completion with a sense of urgency.