Pool Complex & Start Activities Manager
Ladram Bay Holiday Park is one of the largest privately owned parks in the UK. Family owned for over 70 years we are well established and looking for a customer focused, experienced Pool Manager to join our award winning team.
This full time permanent position will involve the management of our Pool Complex throughout both the park's open and closed season. Hours of operation and staffing levels will change throughout the year however will include weekend and evening work. Salary will be dependent on experience and staff accommodation will be considered for the right candidate.
Essential Qualifications & Knowledge needed:
- RLSS Lifeguard Qualification
- Pool Operators Plant Certificate
- Knowledge of HSG179 - "Managing Health & Safety in Swimming Pools"
- Experience in managing a team within the Leisure sector
Desirable - Leisure Qualification
The aim of this role is to ensure that the swimming pool complex is appropriately maintained and managed for the benefit of the owners, holiday makers and outside users. In particular the post holder will:
- Ensure that the swimming pool facility (including the pool itself, the Cafe, Adventure Golf course, gymnasium, changing areas, toilets and other areas) are maintained to a high standard. This will include ad hoc cleaning, and the appropriate setting up, management and storage of pool equipment.
- Organise and ensure appropriate staffing and rotas, including supervisors, life-guards, Start activities instructors and pool cafe staff.
- Manage the Start Activities programme - ensure all activities are run professionally with the correct safety measures within both the pool and the outside areas.Oversee the bookings of activities within the reception.
- Effectively manage the budgets of the Pool complex, with consideration to all areas of the complex and in particular efficient staffing levels throughout the season.
- Work closely with the teaching staff of external swimming groups to ensure the swimming pool is suitably equipped and set out for the swimming lessons taking place each week.
- Be responsible for opening and closing the pool facilities, including the responsibility of cashing up, daily stock taking.
- Review and maintain the normal and emergency operating policies and procedures for the swimming pool facility ensure they are adhered to and are reviewed regularly to make sure they are up to date with current regulations.
- Ensure all compliance with health and safety requirements, including regularly taking water samples for quality testing daily and including arrange monthly in-depth water samples
- Manage the pool plant to ensure appropriate dosing of the pool to maintain water quality and have a thorough understanding of COSHH regulations.
- Ensure routine maintenance checks and inspections of plant, machinery and equipment within the swimming pool facility are carried out.
- Work with a clear understanding of HSG179 and complete pool records (as per HSG179 - Managing H&S in swimming pools)
- Be pro-active and involved with recruiting staff throughout the season, ensuring they hold the right qualifications prior and during employment and that sufficient training is given
- Report and fix either through onsite maintenance, externally or by yourself any problems that occur in and around the swimming pool complex to follow the correct health and safety procedure.
- Act as the main key-holder for the pool complex and take a major share of the responsibility for opening and closing of the building.
Staff benefits- discounted holidays and food on park, free use of facilities including pool and gym
To apply, please select the apply button below for more information