Principle Software Engineer, Manchester, Up To £60,000
Due to continued expansion and increased market share, our client who are a well established Independent Business Travel Management Agency are now looking to employ a Principle Developer.
Reporting to the Group Head of IT working within a team across multiple sites, this role encompasses all of the requirements of maintaining, supporting and developing internal/external applications.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate a balance between a supportive role by responding to customer requests within SLA, and a proactive role by ensuring the organisation maintains a competitive advantage in the market.
Successful candidates will:
- Architect, maintain and develop internal applications
- Work with Group Head Of IT and Development Team leader to agree on architectural standards and aspirations, and make these are reality
- Consult with non-IT staff to determine opportunities for the IT dept to develop and improve organisations systems through application development
- Develop additional applications (C#) in support of business activities to support growth and enhance productivity/service offerings/competitive advantage
- Support and develop a C# WebAPI driven web service, the cornerstone of the companies platform
To be successful you will need to demonstrate:
- C# (minimum 5 years)
- Unit/Integration Testing
- Creation of Highly performant, scalable applications
- Service Orientated Architecture
- Cloud Hosted Solutions
- Staff Mentoring
Desirable skill and Experience:
- WPF (minimum 1 year)
- Travel experience
- Web Services creation and consumption
- MS SQL
We are seeking applications from candidates who are:
- Professional, calm and mature in your approach to your responsibilities.
- Ambitious and possess the determination to excel
- An excellent communicator with a strong sense of ownership and urgency
- Detail orientated with strong organisational and analytic skills
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Positive, confident and resilient personality with “can do” attitude
In return our client will:
- Provide you with an open and friendly work environment
- Provide you with accurate feedback based on a transparent appraisal process
- Offer you development opportunities
- Provide a wide range of flexible benefits which can be tailored to your specific needs
The Principle Developer role - Travel Industry will ideally suit a Principle Developer who has experience working within the travel industry and on behalf of corporate clients.
If you wish to apply for the role of Principle Developer - Travel Industry, please click the link below or call Prospects4 Corporate Travel on