Product Development Executive - Leisure Travel ££ Competitive - Kent
This established 30-year old independently owned travel business are looking for a Product Development Executive to join their team in the Tunbridge Wells office in Kent.
This role will play a key role in creating, developing and maintaining our product offering to ensure that our products are in line with customer demand, are relevant, exciting and support the overall achievement of business targets. This is a role combining creativity, commercial acumen and a passion for travel.
Product Development Executive - Role
In this role you will be required to:
- Develop new product through liaising with our existing suppliers and, sourcing / developing relationships with new suppliers by:
- Creating new itineraries
- Identifying new opportunities - new countries / holiday collections
- Making product improvements
- Constantly undertaking both existing product analysis and competitor analysis
- Securing special offers
- Undertaking website and product maintenance by:
- Updating pricing for all products, new and existing, and ensuring that these are kept up to date and competitive
- Making corrections
- Adding information
- Updating special offer information
- Actively support delivery of the Marketing department's plan through:
- Generating content for blogs - ideas and writing
- Mailshot ideas generation and creation
- Social media activity in line with guidelines
- Overseeing creation of brochures and general copy for approval
- Identifying opportunities for events and being hands on with implementation
- Provide reporting:
- Production of regular reports internally on our product and competitor analysis
- Monitoring KPIs and liaising with our key team members on your findings
As well as the above, they would look for you to provide support to the team as required, work with their external agencies and get on board in supporting with projects identified by the business.
Product Development Executive - Skills
It is essential that you have:
- Previous sales or product experience working for a tour operator or travel agency;
- Experience in sourcing and building tailor-made products from suppliers, airlines and ground handlers;
- Strong knowledge of worldwide destinations;
- High degree of attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal and interpersonal;
- A genuine passion for travel gained through your own personal experiences of global travel.
If you can also demonstrate your experience of travel blog writing and social media for business, then this would be advantageous.
Product Development Executive - package
- Competitive salary based on skills and experience
- A short walk from mainline station.
- Free use of onsite staff gym with personal training sessions every Friday
- Wellbeing days and free fruit
- Dress down Fridays
- Staff relaxation area with TV & pool table
- Staff discount on worldwide holidays
- Staff rewards and discount schemes
- 20 days holiday per year, plus statutory holiday, increasing after 3 years' service
- Company Reward Scheme for milestone Anniversaries with the company
- Professional development in an independent Company with both Leisure and Business travel opportunities.
Don't keep a good thing to yourself
We grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up. Many thanks.