Product /Sales Executive
Product Sales Executive required to join cutting edge travel company and be primarily responsible for the company’s FIT product to Europe and the UK and will be in charge of both product management and sales. This individual will use their extensive destination knowledge to develop a cutting-edge travel product, whilst their enthusiasm for the region and natural sales skills will drive the sales growth .
Product / Sales Executive Responsibilities:
• Selecting and developing the product within Europe, UK and various other destinations, as required.
• Liaising and, if necessary, appointing Ground Agents (DMCs) and suppliers for pricing,information and photography.
• Creating and maintaining supplier and service level agreements, and taking responsibility for ensuring that in all cases, purchasing conforms to Health & Safety requirements and that suppliers are given the company standard contract / service level agreement.
• Writing website and marketing copy and contributing to the presentation of the products.
• Accurately costing itineraries, sample products and services.
• Meeting pre-agreed deadlines for delivery of all product and information.
• Developing new product ideas and keeping abreast of developments and trends in your Area of Responsibility (AOR).
• An AOR can be subject to change, if required by the Company.
Sales and Operations:
• Handling sales calls and responding to all enquiries with efficiency, accuracy, courtesy
and excellent product knowledge.
• Providing accurate quotations and same-day responses to all enquiries.
• Booking hotels, flights and ground arrangements from the initial enquiry to final documentation and post-trip follow-up.
• Communicating effectively with the clients at every stage of their booking.
• Handling booking cancellations with sensitivity and efficiency.
• Responding to complaints and customer service issues with speed and sensitivity.
• Maintaining accurate records and files of all sales activity.
• Maintaining accurate records on the central client database.
• Pro-active sales activities to boost sales conversion rates and to reach sales targets.
• Liaising with the marketing team on planning successful sales and marketing campaigns.
• Communicating effectively and courteously with all the Company’s suppliers, providing them with all the information they need about every booking and maintaining excellent relations.
• Ensuring that the profit margins on all bookings are maximised and at very least, conform with company targets through skilful quoting and operating of the booking.
• Responsibility for all Health & Safety aspects of the tours and ensuring that risk assessments are carried out when tours go off the beaten track.
This individual will likely be a graduate with good experience of tailoring and selling upmarket travel products and they must be able to demonstrate success at meeting and exceeding sales targets. They must also demonstrate a high level of understanding of the spectrum of high-end travellers’ priorities, concerns, preferences and requirements and how these can vary across the different source markets. They will be passionate about product development and strive to deliver impeccable client service and to exceed client expectations. In addition, they will be financially and numerically competent with proven ability to correctly cost travel products to meet and exceed Gross Profit targets. Above all, by joining an early stage company they must possess an entrepreneurial spirit.