The Shepherds Boy, Dewsbury
17,000 - 18,000 plus bonuses and utilities paid accommodation
An exciting opportunity has become available for an enthusiastic individual with real ale experience to step up to Pub Manager level at The Shepherd's Boy in Dewsbury. Training and full support will be provided.
- Competitive salary plus achievable bonus scheme
- 3 bedroom accommodation with utilities paid
- Established trade and client base
- 28 days holiday
As our Pub Manager, you will be responsible for leading the team and making our guest's feel welcome as well as developing the business by building relationships with the local community. You will run events such as quiz nights, live music, beer festivals, charity fundraisers, darts team nights, attracting and possibly sponsoring local rugby/football teams, joining the local CAMRA group etc. so this will be a varied and exciting role.
Pub Manager's duties and responsibilities:
- Liaising with local businesses to arrange and promote social events
- Managing the cellar and stock
- Accountability for the cash on site and producing accurate weekly financial reports
- Managing the wage budget
- Managing and training your team
- Caring for customer's needs, providing excellent customer service
- Maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness in all areas of the pub
- Working towards and achieving business targets
- You will be warm and friendly
- You will be a strong leader
- Experience of running a variety of local events would be an advantage
- You will be willing to learn and be developed
- You will ideally have hospitality experience
The Shepherds Boy benefits greatly from a basic food offer so ideally we would be looking for a Management Team, one to be the salaried manager and the other to independently run a mutually beneficial food business.