4 months ago
Qualified Nursery Cook (Part Time)
Our client is an Ofsted rated outstanding Nursery located in Brentford, who operate from a new premises with increased resources and additional space for children in their care
The Nursery provides a graduate-led setting, implementing the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum. Children from as young as six months old up to five years of age can enjoy a safe, warm environment where they can learn, socialise and develop in a fun and creative atmosphere
The Nursery requires a fully qualified Cook to assist them on a 5 day a week basis
Monday - Friday between 7am -11am each day (however flexibility is key)
Basic Salary: 10,000-11,000 (part time 20 hours per week)
Qualifications: (at least one of the following )
* Level 2/3 (NVQ) Diploma in Professional Cookery
* Level 2/3 Diploma in Advanced Professional Cookery
* City and Guilds 706/1 and 706/2
* Have dealt with outside agencies like Health & Safety
* Followed kitchen procedures and maintained records in accordance with Environmental Health policies and processes.
* Preparing and delivery of nutritionally balanced, family-style meals for children aged 10 months - 5 years.
* Ensuring that hygiene and cleanliness within the kitchen is of the highest standard in accordance with Environmental Health requirements and legislation.
* Knowledge of budgets Knowledge and experience of time management
* Understanding children's dietary/ Allergy requirements as well as being aware of religious dietary requirements
* Ability to suggest creative menu plans
* Stock management and rotation
* Understanding Health and Safety
* Understanding of cross contamination
* Maintaining a neat and professional appearance
* Ability to record fridge and freezer temperatures
* Ability to record food temperatures
* Effective communicator - written and oral
* Following safety legislation and good practice
* Competence to work to Company Policies
* You will have gained previous working experience within the kitchen as a cook.
* Friendly to staff members at all times
* Comfortable around children
* Have great time management skills
* Be able to prepare meals quickly and on time ready for Lunch time
* Be able to remain calm under pressure
* Lead and take ownership of the kitchen to maintain standards
Please note - Applications will only be considered from candidates that have the required Industry experience
Eligibility - All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK and documented evidence will be required as part of the recruitment process.
Due to the nature of this job, it will be necessary for you to provide a 2 year check-able employment history and complete the appropriate level of criminal record disclosure.
If you are looking for your next opportunity and have the skills and experience required please send me your CV immediately
Due to the high volumes of applications we are currently receiving, unfortunately we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage. If you have not been contacted within 7 days of your application, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion
11 days ago
only 17 days until close
20 days ago
only 1 day until close
19 days ago
only 9 days until close
15 days ago
only 13 days until close