At the heart of Edwardian Hotels London is a simple founding belief, that from back of house to the boardroom we are all Hosts. Everyone is encouraged to express their individuality and initiative, and to bring their passion to work. (We may wear uniforms, but we don't believe in uniformity.)
Everything we do is driven by a desire to exceed our guests', clients and partners expectations. To surprise and delight. To make the time our guests choose to spend with us genuinely exceptional. So that even the shortest stay with us, will last long in their memory. Everyone who works here does this every day across our portfolio of brands, in highly prestigious locations in London and beyond.
For 40 years Edwardian Hotels London has built upon this ambition, and as a family owned company we're proud of the freedom our independence this gives us to grow our business on a relentless and memorable curve - upwards.
With an enviable collection of luxurious distinctive hotels and restaurants such as The May Fair Hotel, Radisson Blu Edwardian London Hotels, Steak and Lobster, Scoff and Banter, May Fair Kitchen, Annayu and May Fair Bar; in the most desirable locations of the UK's most vibrant cities, EHL's vision is unique: To Be Memory Makers.
To lead the operation of service excellence in the lobby and to establish a winning, motivated guest service team, to deliver a great service experience which makes people feel special
- Understands how to use IT applications: Micros, Opera, My Hr World, Caspero, Guest Plus
- Local area knowledge
- Food and beverage product knowledge
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Good command of the English language
- Confident ability to communicate and establish rapport
- Decision-making: Improve decision making by clarifying goals, sharing perspectives, identifying options and creating a way forward.
- Performance Management/Supervisory: Ability to relate to, communicate with, and motivate employees to sustain high performance and quality levels.
- To maintain the accurate balance of the floats.
- Coaching: Develop and guide others in professional growth and performance enhancement through assuring clarity of goals, employing reflective listening skills, and facilitating the generation of options and action planning.
- Delegation: Assign tasks using techniques such as needs analysis, individual skills assessment, objective setting and communication.
- Creates 100% guest satisfaction by providing the company experience through performance that demonstrates the standards of, genuine hospitality and exceeding guest expectations
- Gives personal attention, takes personal responsibility and uses teamwork when providing guest service
- Listens, apologizes with empathy, finds a solution and follows through when resolving guest problems
- Provides Yes I Can genuine hospitality and teamwork on an ongoing basis
- Assumes the responsibility to notice when the guest is not satisfied and uses their best judgment as to when it is appropriate to use the 100% Guest Satisfaction
- Leads by example, and motivates employees to make people feel special
- Communicates and reinforces the vision of Making People Feel Special to employees
- Provides employees with the tools necessary to perform job responsibilities
- Handles all aspects of guest arrivals, check-in and departure, and maintains upkeep and appearance of hotel lobby and entrance
- Makes reservations, when necessary, in accordance with hotel yield management practices
- Seeks opportunities to improve the guest experience by seeking feedback and developing strategies to improve department and hotel services
- Ensures all employees adhere to company health, hygiene, safety and emergency procedures
- Ensures employees are allocated break times conducive to the business
- Trains, coaches, and recognizes staff
- Assists in the recruitment of qualified staff
- Provides employees with the orientation and training needed to understand expectations and perform job responsibilities
- Communicate performance expectations and provide employees with ongoing feedback
- Provide employees with coaching and counseling as needed to achieve performance objectives and reach their fullest potential
- Maintains and displays in-depth local knowledge, in order to WOW the guest, promote sales and ensure that all employees are provided with the necessary information to perform their job effectively
- Researches local area facilities, which may be of help and interest to guests
- Establishes working relations with relevant ticket agencies in order to provide a comprehensive concierge service to guests
- Ensures that guest service employees are up-to-date with local area knowledge
- Determines appropriate staffing levels within a controlled budget
- Schedules employees in a way which maintains a balance between profitability, customer demands and employee preferences
- Uses teamwork to support guests and employees
- Ensures company accounting procedures and security standards are adhered to in lobby operations
- Trains and monitors all staff in handling of cash payments and floats
- Performs all other duties as required in the Service Excellence Team
- To maintain rotas and time sheets
- To ensure that all the team are adhering to the company grooming standards at all times
- Performs other duties required to provide the service brand behavior and genuine hospitality
We Believe In Developing and Delighting Our Hosts So You Will Receive:
- Competitive Salary
- Complimentary 2 night stay in a luxury Edwardian Hotel of your choice (after two years service)
- Preferential accommodation rates for all Edwardian Hotels for Hosts, friends and family
- Discounts on food and beverage up to 50% in all Edwardian restaurants and bars
- Discounts on Spas and beauty treatments
- Hot meals and salad bar, teas, coffees and juices provided each day
- Uniforms provided per role requirement
All Hosts must have valid permission to live and work in the United Kingdom. Verification of documentation will be undertaken as part of the recruitment process.