4 months ago
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, justice and immigration, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
Serco Leisure is committed to providing a safe, warm, clean, friendly, fun environment for the local community at an affordable cost. Honesty, integrity and a positive, can-do attitude are key to helping us deliver this mission and are values we expect from each individual.
Penwortham Leisure Centre has a wide range of facilities including a newly refurbished Fitness Suite featuring state of the art equipment, gymnasium, swimming pool, sports hall, 11-A-Side Astroturf pitch and squash court offerring an excellent choice of sporting and leisure activities.
We are currently recruiting for 3 x Referees to work on an as and when basis. You will work on a rota basis, covering earlies, lates and weekends.
As a football referee at any level, you would look after the players' safety and make sure they obey the rules of the game.
Before kick-off, you would:
* Inspect the pitch (if necessary), making sure that equipment like goalposts and nets are safely set up.
* Check pitch markings.
* Check that you have everything you need for the game, for example stopwatches, cards.
* Meet with team managers to see if there are any last minute changes to players and substitutes.
During a game, you would:
* Follow the play and give decisions.
* Control the behaviour of the teams on the pitch, and their coaching staff on the sidelines.
* Keep records of any disciplinary action /decisions made during play.
Essential / Desirable Skills for the role;
* Proven experience of working as a referee in a similar role/environment is desirable.
* Hold a Football referee qualification is desirable.
* Due to the nature of this role a good level of physical fitness is required.
* Customer care and communication skills.
* Health and safety training and awareness.
* Interest in the Leisure/Sports industry.
If you have the essential skills, experience and qualifications to fulfil this role, please apply now and upload a copy of your CV in a word or PDF format.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.
27 days ago
only 1 day until close
11 days ago
only 17 days until close
8 days ago
only 20 days until close
5 days ago
only 23 days until close