Regional Sales Manager - SE Asia - Berkshire - up to £35k basic + excellent commission
With support and direction from the Head of Programme, the Regional Sales Manager (RSM) is responsible for delivering excellent sales and service results through a team of dedicated Country Specialists.
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) role is focussed upon the recruitment, training, management and motivation of their team ensuring Country Specialists are fully able to maximise sales from the initial sales enquiries that arrive in the team, and to actively seek to generate new leads where incoming leads are insufficient.
It is essential the successful candidate has experience of managing a small team within the travel industry, along with a proven and consistent track record of excellent sales and customer service.
Responsible for the day-to-day management of the Country Specialists, you must have the ability to inspire, motivate, engage and develop a team. A positive and results-driven individual, you will have excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage a high workload. You will be a clear and confident communicator who is resilient to pressure and have excellent customer service and problem solving skills.
- Lead the sales team within your region with drive, energy and urgency to ensure maximum sales are extracted from the available leads.
- Effectively manage the performance of individuals with the team ranging from new starters to high performers.
- Tackle underperformance promptly as per best practice in conjunction with HR and Head of Sales (HoS).
- In conjunction with HoS and Head of Programme take responsibility for setting and communication targets for individuals within the team.
- Provide sales training and constant support to Country Specialists within your region and ensure their product knowledge is continually up to date.
- Take responsibility for responding to operational and emergency situations in your region, including issues caused by suppliers, airlines or unexpected events to ensure best results for clients.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent.
- Previous experience of selling within the travel industry with a proven track record of consistent sales and high customer service feedback.
- Experience of working in a team leader/management role in the travel industry.
- A positive, energetic and outgoing person who is comfortable managing others in an inspirational and encouraging way.
- Passionate about the area (SE Asia) they are working within along with a strong appreciation of the said culture.
- Motivated by achieving results through their team and feel at ease negotiating with suppliers.
- Proven skills in customer service and complaint handling is essential.
- Natural organiser, ability to multi task and high attention to detail.