Job Description: Reservations Consultant (Telesales)
£18,213.88 + Commission
Overview: We are looking for a sales driven, enthusiastic Reservations Consultant to work within our call centre. The Reservations Consultant will be located within the busy Passenger Sales department working within a team of 13 other telesales staff and a further 17 administrative staff, handling all matters relating to cruise bookings. All direct sale and agent cruise bookings are handled by the call centre in our head office.
Line Management: Each Telesales Reservations Consultant will report directly to the Reservations Supervisor and subsequently to the Head of Passenger Sales who oversees the Department.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· To maintain a high-quality telephone sales service to direct passengers, Travel Agents and Tour Operators.
· To answer the phone promptly & clearly at all times
· To accurately input all data given by passengers at the time of making their booking and ensuring it is complete before finishing the call.
· Whilst most callers do have a specific grade of accommodation that they may wish to book, try to up-sell to a higher grade of accommodation, so working to a tight sales conversion.
· To maintain and deliver a high level of customer service to callers at all times
· To try and sell ancillary products and additional cruise add-ons to customers
· To be a team player and also be able to work on your own initiative.
· To be able to work on a shift rota as the office opening hours are based on a 6-day working week with cover also required in the evenings
· To achieve monthly sales targets and conversion rates
· Hold a full clean driving licence as you may be required to attend cruise Embarkations when the passengers join the vessel for their holiday or company sales days where you may be required to assist
· To be able to fly to some ports where we carry out as some embarkations and the occasional overnight in a hotel beforehand maybe required
· To be well groomed and dressed in the work place.
· To have a happy, enthusiastic and organised approach to your work, which can be demanding, but rewarding, during peak periods of the season.
· Commission earning opportunities will also be available while working in the call centre under the Company’s standard terms and paid monthly in arrears
The Reservations department shift patterns are as follow:
· 09.00 to 17.00hrs
· 10.00 to 18.00hrs
· 12.00 to 20.00hrs
The Reservations Consultant will therefore work eight and a half hours a day (including one hour for lunch) for five days out of the six in accordance with the rota prepared by the Manager. Within the rota the Reservations Consultant will be required to work every other Saturday, with a day off in the week accordingly.
· A workplace pension scheme will be offered after three months continuous service
· Free on-site car parking
· Newly refurbished office
· Discounts on selected travel services
· Excellent travel opportunities