Duties & Responsibilities
• To maintain a high-quality telephone sales service to direct passengers, Travel Agents and Tour Operators.
• To answer the phone promptly & clearly at all times
• To accurately input all data given by passengers at the time of making their booking and ensuring it is complete before finishing the call.
• Whilst most callers do have a specific grade of accommodation that they may wish to book, try to up-sell to a higher grade of accommodation, so working to a tight sales conversion.
• To maintain and deliver a high level of customer service to callers at all times
• To try and sell ancillary products and additional cruise add-ons to customers
• To be able to work on a shift rota as the office opening hours are based on a 6-day working week with cover also required in the evenings
• To achieve monthly sales targets and conversion rates
• Hold a full clean driving licence as you may be required to attend cruise Embarkations when the passengers join the vessel for their holiday or company sales days where you may be required to assist
• To be able to fly to some ports where we carry out as some embarkations and the occasional overnight in a hotel beforehand maybe required
• To be a team player and also be able to work on your own initiative.
Skills and Experience
• Previous sales experience is required
• Previous travel experience is required (preferably in the cruise industry, would be a strong advantage)
• Previous customer service experience is required (good communication skills)
• Team player as well as being able to work on your own initiative
• Good attention to detail
• Positive attitude