At the heart of Edwardian Hotels London is a simple founding belief-: that from back of house to the boardroom we are all Hosts. Everyone is encouraged to express their individuality and initiative, and to bring their passion to work. (We may wear uniforms, but we don't believe in uniformity.)
Everything we do is driven by a desire to exceed our guests', clients and partners expectations. To surprise and delight. To make the time our guests choose to spend with us genuinely exceptional. So that even the shortest stay with us, will last long in their memory. Everyone who works here does this every day across our portfolio of brands, in highly prestigious locations in London and beyond.
For 40 years Edwardian Hotels London has built upon this ambition, and as a family owned company we're proud of the freedom our independence this gives us to grow our business on a relentless and memorable curve - upwards.
With an enviable collection of luxurious distinctive hotels and restaurants such as The May Fair Hotel, Radisson Blu Edwardian London Hotels, Steak and Lobster, Scoff and Banter, May Fair Kitchen, Annayu and May Fair Bar; in the most desirable locations of the UK's most vibrant cities, EHL's vision is unique: To Be Memory Makers.
- To lead the operation of service excellence in food & beverage outlets
- To establish a winning, motivated service team, to deliver a great service experience which makes people feel special
- To maximise revenue and profit in all food and beverage outlets
- Is able to use IT applications: Micros, Opera and My HR World
- Has a good level of Food & beverage product knowledge
- Has a good command of the English language
- Understanding of financial budgeting and forecasting, and the impact of promotional activity
- Decision-making: Has the ability to make decisions by clarifying goals, sharing perspectives, identifying options and created a way forward
- Has the ability to relate to, communicate with, and motivate employees to sustain high performance and quality levels.
- Is able to develop and guide others in professional growth and performance enhancement through assuring clarity of goals, employing reflective listening skills, and facilitating the generation of options and action planning.
- Creates 100% guest satisfaction by providing the company experience through performance that demonstrates the standards of, genuine hospitality and exceeding guest expectations
- Gives personal attention, takes personal responsibility and uses teamwork when providing guest service
- Listens, apologizes with empathy, finds a solution and follows through when resolving guest problems
- Provides Yes I Can genuine hospitality and teamwork on an ongoing basis
- Assumes the responsibility to notice when the guest is not satisfied and uses their best judgment as to when it is appropriate to use the 100% Guest Satisfaction
- Leads by example and motivates employees to make people feel special
- Communicates and reinforces the vision of Making People Feel Special to employees
- Provides employees with the tools necessary to perform job responsibilities, by assuming responsibility for ordering equipment, linen, etc, as necessary
- Seeks opportunities to improve the guest experience by seeking feedback and developing strategies to improve department and hotel services
- Gives personal attention, takes personal responsibility and uses teamwork to provide excellent guest service
- Assumes responsibility to gather information about each guest in order to update client database, and uses details to ensure a truly personal service
- Takes orders and serves food & beverage to guest in accordance with company standards.
- Trains, coaches, & recognises staff
- Assists in the recruitment of qualified staff
- Provides employees with the orientation and training needed to understand expectations and perform job responsibilities
- Communicates performance expectations and provide employees with ongoing feedback
- Provides employees with coaching and counseling as needed to achieve performance objectives and reach their fullest potential
- Maintains and displays in-depth Food & Beverage knowledge consistently, in order to WOW the guest, promote sales, and ensure that all employees are provided with the necessary information to perform their job effectively
- Trains staff in current food and beverage product, and communicates daily specials and new menu additions
- Monitors & controls departmental budget
- Monitors equipment and staffing costs, and makes adjustments accordingly
- Ensures that all bills balance, and assists Financial Controller with any bill queries
- Determines appropriate staffing levels, and schedules staff to maintain a balance between customer demands, profitability and employee preferences
- Prepares revenue forecasts for department, and takes action accordingly
- Assists in the development of the marketing plan for the outlet
- Develops and implements special promotions and employee incentives
- Increases sales by coaching employees on effective sales techniques
- To ensure that all staff go through 90 day induction
- To ensure that all staff are adhering to the company grooming standards
- Leads the operation of assigned food and beverage outlets, including Room Service as required
- Coordinates the set-up of restaurants and bars in accordance with company standards
- Inspects restaurant and lounge areas on an on-going basis, and takes appropriate steps to ensure that facilities meet or exceed hotel standards at all times
- Ensures company accounting procedures & security standards are adhered to in food and beverage outlets, by training and monitoring all staff in handling of cash payments and floats
- Remains aware of all health and safety regulations regarding department and hotel, adheres to all emergency procedures, and trains staff accordingly
- Performs other duties required to provide the service brand behavior and genuine hospitality
We Believe In Developing and Delighting Our Hosts So You Will Receive:
- Competitive Salary
- Complimentary 2 night stay in a luxury Edwardian Hotel of your choice(after 1 years service)
- Preferential accommodation rates for all Edwardian Hotels for Hosts, friends and family
- Discounts on food and beverage up to 50% in all Edwardian restaurants and bars
- Discounts on Spas and beauty treatments
- Hot meals and salad bar, teas, coffees and juices provided each day
- Uniforms provided per role requirement
All Hosts must have valid permission to live and work in the United Kingdom. Verification of documentation will be undertaken as part of the recruitment process.