Retail Travel Store Manager - London - up to £31k basic + comm
We are seeking to recruit an experienced, sales focused, target driven retail travel professional who is a strong and inspiring leader with previous travel retail sales management experience to manage our retail store in London. This is an exciting time to join the UK’s leading long-haul tour operator as we embark on redefining the travel retail experience for our customers. You will need to be well travelled, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and looking for a new challenge.
* Accountable for meeting and exceeding retail sales targets.
* To drive all sales and to convert bookings by closing the sale and driving top line figures whilst achieving the budgeted operating profit.
* Measure the financial performance of your staff overall and as individuals against the costs of running the store to ensure the best possible productivity.
* Establish a highly attractive and engaging, innovative, professional and welcoming retail environment to create the ideal conditions for effective selling and industry-leading innovative customer service in keeping with the brand vision of being the UK’s leading super-premium holiday company.
* Develop local marketing initiatives and campaigns and set up in-store events where appropriate and commercially beneficial to drive sales and build relationships with loyal local customers.
* Establish and develop links with local businesses, possibly working together with local retail groups, to secure opportunities for the company to build strong commercial relationships to provide travel services for local business employees.
* Ensure all staff have an excellent understanding of all destinations sold by the company and other travel partners featured in the store and each becomes an expert in at least one particular region.
* Forecast walk-in business, plan staffing levels and opening hours accordingly, well in advance to ensure excellent customer service is maintained at all times.
Experience & Attributes:
- Experience of managing a retail travel store, with profit and staff responsibility.
- Strong track record of delivering sales results and exceptional service.
- A genuine passion for travel especially long-haul destinations with considerable first-hand experience and knowledge of destinations that the company sells.
- Good all round understanding of the sales and commercial aspects of tour operating, including scheduled flying.
- Excellent working knowledge of at least one travel agent or tour operators reservations system.
- Can demonstrate achievements in meeting tough sales targets and delivering exceptional customer service at the same time.
- Proven ability to motivate, enthuse and lead a team; thrives during periods of pressure and high volume of work and able to create an upbeat, motivating sales environment.
- Persuasive, articulate and influential, but down to earth and friendly with customers, staff and colleagues alike.