Sales Manager, £30k Basic + Benefits package
Our client is a well-known tour operator which specialises in tailor making winter and summer trips to alpine destinations. They offer the traditional ski during the winter and an adventure summer programme during the warmer months.
The company are seeking a Sales Manager to manage a their team of sales consultants ensuring they are motivated and are achieving their personal targets. As well as overseeing the sales team, they will be a key player in developing relationships with clients, identifying sales opportunities, sales planning and profit forecasting. The Sales Manager will also be required to represent the business at trade fairs and other industry specific events.
The responsibilities of the Sales Manager are as follows:
- Manage the day to day operations of the department and motivating the team
- Identify staff training needs, including staff development
- Evaluate and performance manage staff
- Schedule weekly and monthly team meetings with sales team
- Identify and implement strategies to improve volume and maximise sales
- Meet departmental targets
- Be a point of contact & knowledge for all products via email and telephone for guests
- Monitor customers’ feedback and nurture leads to maximise sales conversion
- Solve any guest queries or issues
The skills required of the Sales Manager are as follows:
- Be a central point of contact and knowledge in the office, representing the company in a professional, polite and helpful manner via email and phone.
- Ensuring that our guests are accurately informed of our products and facilities and that any changes or circumstances that may affect their holiday are dealt with in a sensitive manner.
- Ensuring that the team delivers excellent customer service throughout the sales and booking process.
- Working with marketing to ensure that calls and enquiries are being generated.
- Ensuring all sales calls are directed to the sales team
- Ensuring that sales targets are presented clearly to staff, then monitored and reviewed
- Maximise the sales of all extras, such as lift passes and ski hire
- Increase overall departmental sales per programme
The Sales Manager role would ideally suit someone that has worked as a Sales Manager or in a supervisory role that is ready for the step up, someone that is used to working to targets and is able to motivate and inspire their team. Passion and knowledge of the ski industry would be a distinct advantage!
If you wish to apply for the role of Sales Manager please click the link below or call Prospects 4 Leisure Travel on.