Sales & Operations Executive - Grays, Essex
This is a very busy and crucial role to allow the growth to be maintained and in fact accelerate further. For participation tours, our clients are Professional Sports teams, Amateur Clubs, Schools and other educational establishments. We offer tours to all major sports destinations and also to many less well known. For consumer tours, we offer opportunities to travel overseas to watch and support an array of sporting events.
· The Sales and Operations Executive will report directly to the Operations Supervisor and subsequently to the Operations Director who oversee the Company.
· It is essential to the success of this role that the individual is organised, highly energetic and capable of managing a very busy and diverse set of responsibilities.
· The role requires an individual with a range of skills in administration, planning, marketing and communication.
· The chosen individual will need strong communication skills, able to liaise appropriately with a broad range of people, including suppliers, clients and officials, face to face, by telephone and in writing.
· Must have excellent attention to detail
· Be computer literate and have previous experience using a reservation system.
· Previous experience working in tailor made/bespoke travel is essential. (Putting packages/tours together)
· An interest in our core sports would be of significant benefit (Rugby, Cricket, Hockey and Netball)
· Sales, Administration & Operation of all tours with suppliers and clients.
· Following all action points listed in our ‘Dataease system’ to make sure all aspects of this list are actioned for each tour.
· Booking and control of all Airlines, Hotels, DMC’s, Cruise & Ferry companies, Attractions, Excursions, ground transportation companies, tour ambassadors, sports fixtures, programmes for groups including release / confirmation deadlines, passenger details, rooming lists, payments and negotiating rates with suppliers where appropriate.
· Managing all aspects of organising tours, including; assembling new quotes and itineraries, preparing and despatching letters of confirmation, issuing ATOL certificates, invoices and receipts, organising payments to suppliers.
· Involved in product development.
· Entering all information on to our in-house Reservations system & website keeping all tours fully updated throughout the pre-tour process.
· Solving any booking, customer service or contractual issues with suppliers and clients.
· Working closely with the accounts team to ensure all tour balances are collected prior to departure, as per the Company’s booking conditions and terms of business.
· To orchestrate the operational planning of tours to all destinations.
· Data Inputting where required.
· Manage & ensure pre departure risk assessments and Health and Safety documentation for all suppliers are completed.
· Producing and controlling the relevant content of travel packs.
· Preparing and maintaining detailed records of payment schedules for the accounts team to process.
· Programming of Disney Land Paris yearly rates, including preparing spread sheets and calculations in an easy to use booklet.
· Basic website administration.
· Basic social media and marketing support.
· Attend trade shows, workshops, events and award evenings, including support and assistance when the Company exhibits itself to promote company tours and services throughout the year, where required, (including evenings and weekends).
· Attend supplier fam trips / educational trips throughout the year where required (including evenings and weekends).
· Acceptance of the need to travel and be away on business overnight as necessary, although this will be minimal and advance notice will be given.
· Attendance at client meetings where necessary.
· Attend training courses where required on behalf of the company.
· Attend internal meetings where required.
· Produce regular reports for the Management team for all bookings and quotations.
· Participate in the 24/7 emergency phone Rota, including weekends and national holidays.
· Back up Sales and Operational support to Sister companies and products within the non-cruise group.
· Any other ad hoc duties as requested by Management.
· As the Company expands and evolves, your job description and duties will vary in line within the changing needs of the business.
· Standard office hours are Monday to Friday from 09.00 to 17.30hrs.