6 months ago
Are you a travel consultant looking for a challenging new role? Do you have excellent customer service skills, proactively deal with difficult situations and think on your feet? Are you used to problem solving and troubleshooting? This leading, reputable travel provider are now seeking an experienced Duty Officer to join the team in their Leicestershire offices to lead the Duty Officer team to be the main point of contact for Tour Managers and suppliers on tour when issues arise and to use resources available to take issues through to resolution ensuring excellent customer service is delivered and accurate records maintained. This role covers 365 days, 24/7
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced travel professional with exceptional customer service and problems solving skills!
* To own and resolve any operational issues our customers may face during their holiday escalating any serious or contentious issues to a senior manager.
* Be the main point of contact for external suppliers, such as coach contractors, airlines, hotels etc to resolve issues to tour manager and customer's satisfaction.
* Work cross-functionally with other operational teams such as Aviation and Customer Care using their expertise to support resolution of customer issues.
* Investigate, communicate and monitor any world event situations (e.g. strikes, natural disasters, acts of terror) which affect or could affect current or future operations.
* To escalate any crises, or potential crises, immediately to line management.
* Manage the customer illness, hospitisation and repatriation process. Work with Insurers to ensure they provide customer support.
* To ensure Duty Office continues business as normal in the event of a crisis.
* Agree and record goodwill gestures for issues which occur overseas, within limit of authority.
* Carry out performance management, 1-2-1's, annual reviews, smart objective setting and recruitment.
* Day to day running the duty office team, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
* Capture all recoveries from overseas suppliers.
* Ensure handover documents are provided each shift, to ensure smooth transition from shift to shift.
* Liaise with the airport representative company to ensure that we have airport reps in place.
* Pre-allocating airline seats, as instructed by Aviation
* Booking of Low Cost seats, issuing tickets and providing paperwork (manifests) to airport staff as and when appropriate.
* To conduct regular security 'sweeps' of the building out of hours, maintaining and filing an accurate record of these.
* Assist the wider business in low periods, offering proactive support to take on additional tasks.
* Working on an annualised hours contract 7am to 70m 4 days, 4 days off. 70m to 7am nights, 4 days off.
This role would be suitable for someone who:
* Enjoys problem solving
* Ability to work shift patterns covering 24/7, 365 days per year
* Ability to build effective relationships to resolve issues
* Able to work under pressure and prioritise workload
* Ability to remain calm in a crisis, think on feet, solution orientated
* Willingness and ability to travel overseas in the event of a serious emergency
* Highly motivated, able to work on own
* Able to work average 40.25 hours per week.
Skills and Experience
* 3-5 years' experience in a customer facing operational role, a second language is advantageous
* 1-2 years' experience in supervising a team or acting as the senior team member.
* Experience of managing a 24/7 annualised hours rota
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Computer literate Word, Excel and Outlook
* GDS experience, preferably Amadeus, advantageous
The successful candidate will receive a fantastic salary with additional travel benefits such as staff discounts on travel and local business as well as free parking!!
If you are interested in this varied and challenging Duty Officer role in Leicestershire please follow the link to 'apply'.
For more information please call Katy at Travel Trade Recruitment onor