The office-based Shore Excursion Product Manager will report directly to the Head of Shore Excursions.
Duties & Responsibilities
By Ship Responsibilities & Tasks, but not limited to:
• To be the main point of contact and liaison with the appointed excursion team on each vessel.
• To prepare ship cruise planners by deadlines.
• Once ship cruise planners are finalised, to advise Shore Excursion Executive to prepare pre-reg forms and on line cruise planners and to then check and authorise these prior to going live.
• To review shore excursion sales and waitlists regularly and advise the Shore Excursion Executive of action required.
• To check and finalise cruise planners including berths and shuttles prior to pre-cruise documentation dates.
• To maintain frequent communication with the Shorex Manager and Shore Excursion Agents during the course of each cruise and in the event of late minute alterations to the published itinerary or excursion programme, assist and agree shore excursion amendments where necessary, in liaison with HOD.
• To check all End of Cruise documentation received is correct and follows processes in place. To file EOC in line with processes and requirements.
• To update all YTD and budget files where appropriate.
• To liaise and advise Accounts of fully accounted and completed cruises.
• To review and reconcile incoming invoices from Shorex Agents.
• To review and revert on any post-cruise guest complaints or queries for the assigned ships.
• To monitor the working processes of the on board excursion teams and ensure they are followed.
• To keep an inventory check of stationary stocks on board and ensure distribution when required, advising HOD of low stocks in a timely manner in order for these to be replenished.
Other Responsibilities, but not limited to:
• Weekend and holiday rotational cover for all ships as agreed with HOD.
• As assigned by HOD, to contract shore excursion programmes which maximises shore excursion opportunities, revenue and profitability, in line with processes and minimum requirements.
• To identify, evaluate and present competitive reviews of Shore Excursion Agents as identified and requested by HOD.
• To work closely with the appointed Shore Excursion Agents for each port of call during planning and implementation, in liaison with HOD.
• Appointments and contracts of Shore Excursion Agents to be discussed and agreed with HOD prior to being sent.
• To produce accurate excursion descriptions from the base material forwarded by the Shore Excursion Agents.
• To programme and plan each port’s operational shore excursion details in line with itineraries and call timings, maximising the shore excursion profitability at each port of call.
• To ensure all programme and cost files are accurate by port.
• To ensure all shore excursion content matches final documentation on file.
• To follow all contracting processes and minimum requirements.
• To assist the HOD in preparation of ship staff rotations.
• To travel on board as a supernumerary or covering ship-based staff leave.
• As agreed by HOD, to travel on board to train and check on commercial awareness of teams and consider on board points of sale and awareness.
• To proof read Port Guides prior to their circulation.
• To proof read and check the programme/costs/descriptions prepared prior to on line template/cruise planner building.
• To identify and prepare Information Sheets for the season and confirm completion to Shore Excursion Executive for inclusion with pre-cruise documentation.
• As assigned by HOD, prepare text for shore excursion brochures and liaise with Marketing/Design in the final preparation and printing of the same.
• Any other activities which may, or may not, be related to the Shore Excursion Dept as might be required from time to time