Ski sales consultant
Are you a keen skier or boarder with a real passion for the mountains?
Do you want to continue a career in the travel and tourism industry? By joining the sales team you will be able to use your resort experience to help skiers and boarders tailor their travels to the Alps, Canada, U.S.A and Japan. Along the way you will learn valuable business skills, visit different resorts as you learn about the product and join a social team of like minded ski professionals.
The sales team is at the forefront of the largest independent ski tour operator with 35 years of experience under our belt. We pride ourselves on being a fun and vibrant team who can offer great career opportunities. Previous sales staff have moved on into marketing, product, and management opportunities. Whether you join us for a season, a year, or longer, a job with us will kick start any future goals you may have.
· Enthusiastic and passionate about creating the right experience for our customers.
· Naturally sociable with a positive personality
· A passionate skier/boarder with European and/or North American ski knowledge
· Motivated and organised
We will offer a competitive salary and incentive package, educational trips and the opportunity to develop and extend your skills and responsibilities.
· Respond to all holiday enquiries and reservations with accuracy and speed in line with targets and timelines by phone, email and online chat features.
· Ensure excellent standards of customer care when dealing with clients
· Ensure that all sales leads, emails, cancellations and amendments are followed up on a daily basis
· Maintain high levels of product knowledge across the product range
· Proactively contact previous clients with the objective of maximising repeat business.
· Maximise income from sales calls in line with agreed targets
· Contribute accurate and knowledgeable information to contribute towards marketing blogs and online forums
· Mentor new sales staff in the various sales systems
· Other duties as agreed with Senior Sales Consultants and Team Leaders
A passion for winter sports
Great communication & customer service skills
Good organisation & numerical skills
Proficient with Microsoft office
Attention to detail
Preferably educated to degree level
Strong team player able to work within a competitive team
Ideally have worked for a tour operator in a resort
Ideally a French or German speaker
Previous sales experience