South Africa Travel Consultant - Surrey - up to £25k basic
Working for one of the UK’s leading destination specialists offering a wide range of inspiring
holiday programmes. As a Travel Specialist your primary responsibility will be to design and tailor holidays specific to your customer’s requirements and deliver excellent sales and the highest level of customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Create high quality package and bespoke itineraries specific to your customers’ needs and
* Field a wide range of reservations over the telephone, face to face, email and internet (via Live
* Maintain an excellent degree of knowledge on the destinations and products you are selling.
* Achieve and aim to exceed personal, department and business sales targets.
* Aim to achieve maximum revenue possible for each booking by proactively up selling where possible
on the customers’ itinerary, including selling ancillary products.
* To follow company guidelines in terms of sales follow ups to help maximise conversion and provide
feedback as to non-conversion.
* Provide exceptional destination advice and general guidance to customers to assist them from first
point of contact and through the booking process.
* Ability to cross-sell to other destinations and products where required.
* To build and maintain a loyal customer base by managing all the customers travel requirements and
to encourage repeat business.
* Ensure that a personalised and first class level of service is provided consistently to every customer.
* Keep abreast of competitor activity and product development for the destinations you sell.
* Attend and represent the company at selected trade and consumer events, holiday shows, travel
workshops and open-evenings. These could involve some evenings and weekends.
* Tailor-made sales knowledge and experience within a travel sales environment.
* Proven experience of meeting and exceeding set sales and performance targets.
* High degree of flexibility and ability to deal with change, growth and pressurised deadlines.
* Exceptional sales ability – closing, converting, up-selling and cross-selling.
* Excellent eye for detail and accuracy.
* Teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills.
* Excellent time and priority management skills.
* Strong customer service focus and skills.
* Influencing and negotiating skills.
* Excellent spoken and written English is essential.
* Computer office skills, including basic practical skills using Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Dynamic and self-management attributes.
* The ability to ‘present’ and sell proposals to customers.
* A love of travel and foreign cultures.
* Previous experience working for a specialist tour operator in a similar role.
* GDS reservation skills (Amadeus).
* Destination knowledge in the following – South Africa (particularly Namibia)
* Educated to degree level or equivalent