The Sports Tour Consultant will report directly to the Operations Manager and subsequently to the Managing Director who oversees the Company.
• To help develop tour itineraries around the world.
• To help run administration for tours to all destinations.
• To help distribute marketing material to target audience (and keep appropriate records)
• To take bookings for consumer products.
• Managing all aspects of organising tours – to include helping compile quotes, preparing and despatching letters of confirmation, invoices and receipts, securing ATOL certificates, preparing rooming lists, organising payments to suppliers.
• Ongoing liaison with all relevant parties involved in delivering tours including airlines, ground transportation companies, hotels, ground tour operators, tour ambassadors, tourist authorities and negotiating rates with suppliers where appropriate.
• Attendance at trade shows and events to promote company tours and services.
• Attendance at client meetings where necessary.
• Constructing and organising detailed tour itineraries for our Sports Tour products.
• Compiling testimonials and carrying out customer surveys.
• Managing pre-tour Health & Safety considerations.
• To develop new or enhance existing tour products for Sports tours
• Basic website administration.
• Support for marketing of products
• Supporting role in social interaction with clients through social media
• Maintaining records of payment schedules.
• Additionally, the individual will be involved in company strategy issues and the selection of new Cricket products and services.
Candidate Knowledge and Skills Required:
• It is essential to the success of this role that the individual is organised, highly energetic and capable of managing a very busy and diverse set of responsibilities.
• The role requires an individual with a range of skills in administration, planning, marketing and communication.
• The chosen individual will need strong communication skills, able to liaise appropriately with a broad range of people, including suppliers, clients and officials, face to face, by telephone and in writing.
• Previous experience working in tailor made/bespoke travel is essential. (Putting packages/tours together)
• An interest in our core sports would be of significant benefit (Rugby, Cricket, Hockey and Netball)