Clarity Travel Management the new name for Co-operative Travel Management. A top 15 UK Business Travel Management company with a wealth of well-known and highly respected clients from varying industries. 2015 proved to be an exciting year with our new owners (Al Tayyar Travel Group) and moving into Manchester City Centre to a new state of the art modern office building.
With strong growth plans projected over the coming years, we are actively seeking a Strategic Account Manager based in the Manchester / Leeds M62 Corridor. We pride ourselves on offering a platinum level of customer service to all of our clients on a consistent basis.
We offer in return a highly competitive starting salary, 23 days annual leave, various incentives, career progression and discounted personal travel.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To manage the commercial relationship with existing clients. Proactively contacting clients to maintain a consistent high level of service delivery, whilst identifying further new business opportunities. Meeting with clients face to face to provide, educate and promote the business through presentations and other account analysis. To provide a consultancy approach with the ability to analyse booking data and identify areas for cost and efficiency savings within the client travel programme. To promote and implement online travel tools. Responsible for any re-bid activity within portfolio including tender and proposal writing.
The candidate must have ‘advanced’ understanding of Microsoft Office applications in particular Excel and PowerPoint. The role will require extensive travel throughout the UK.
- Plan and manage the relationship between the client and the business
- Grow existing business by margin and spend
- Ensure that the client has full awareness of the CTM proposition and execution is in line with their strategies
- Identify opportunities for ancillary spend and implement new products
- Support CTM preferred supplier programme when negotiating corporate deals
- Drive online adoption
- Identify, agree and measure clear client objectives and KPI’s in order to consistently demonstrate value
- Identify opportunities for corporate deals with airlines, hotels and other suppliers
- Liaise with all areas of the business to ensure consistent service delivery for client
- Identify any gaps in service delivery and work closely with the operations team to address and resolve to the clients satisfaction
- Work closely with the sales team on re bids and new business opportunities
- Share best practice with colleagues
- Help and support CTM in minimising or eradicating the harm our business operations inevitably inflicts on the environment
- Gain a clear understanding of all online booking tools and in house systems
- Contribute to key business improvement workstreams
- Ensure that all development opportunities are take advantage of
KEY EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Experience in analyse and manipulate large amounts of data
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to build excellent customer relationships
- Knowledge of the business travel industry
- Experience in supplier negotiations
- Strong commercial acumen
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- An excellent understanding of customer care
- The ability to prioritise and manage several different tasks at once
- Creative thinker, capable of delivering innovative client solutions from concept to implementation
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, excel, word and powerpoint.