Our client is a well known and successful groups tour operator, due to success and expansion, now seeking an experienced Student Tours Consultant to work in the comfort of your own home or based in the London office. Save money on commuting and apply today! This award winning tour operator offers upmarket group travel for schools and universities throughout the UK, Europe and beyond. If you are London based, we would consider office workers also.
The experienced Student Tours Consultant will be responsible for putting together high end classic tours for student groups. A key part of the role is to increase new business and manage existing accounts. It will also involve liaising with UK school and college academic professionals, UK and European accommodation suppliers, flight, rail and coach operators, Archaeological Sites and Museums and overseas agents.
This exciting role entails a wide range of tasks within sales, operations, account management, product and customer service, in which no day will be the same, this includes:
- Manage your own portfolio of key accounts, ensuring all client requests are responded to effectively and making sure enquiries, quotations and bookings are administrated in line with company procedures
- Work with the Tours Department to achieve customer and company targets and KPIs
- Liaise closely with lecturers and other clients to tailor an educational travel package to meet client needs, carrying out research as necessary
- Deal with clients via telephone, email and letter promptly and professionally
- Calculate and provide accurate quotations, ensuring that documentation is sent promptly
- Booking accommodation, transport and excursions for clients
- Participating in FAM trips to increase product knowledge
What are we looking for?
- Classical Educational Tours experience such as Greek, Roman, Ancient History and Archaeological within a tour operator
- Good travel knowledge including Greece and Italy
- Experience within the travel industry is a must i.e. with a tour operator arranging group student travel
- Be able to communicate at all levels
- Excellent attention to detail
- 2nd European language would be ideal but not essential
- Generous bonus
- Monday to Friday sociable hours
- Work in the comfort of your own home and save money on commuting
- Lucrative salary
- FAM Trips
- Travel perks
- On-going Training
- Career progression
- Opportunity to work for a dynamic and forward thinking tour operator, within a friendly and busy team in which you will be rewarded for your hard work.
Applicants with previous or current job titles who will be considered for this role include, Groups Travel Consultant, Groups Travel Specialist, Tours Consultant, Travel Consultant, Travel Advisor, Student Tours Consultant, Travel Sales Consultant and Reservations.
Give your travel career a boost and email your cv to us today. Please note only suitable travel candidates with student group travel experience will be considered for this role.