Ski-Lifts is looking for a highly motivated and talented Supply & Rates Executive to join the company at an exciting time of expansion and growth.
Contract CDI, 35hour/week. Starting mid August 2019
Responsible to Supplier Manager
Location Morzine, France
Salary 20900€ BRUT per year
Probationary period 1 Month
Other benefits Company share scheme. The opportunity exists to own equity in the business by actively contributing towards the company, exceeding its growth targets and ambitions
As a Supply & Rates Executive you will be working as part of the Supply & Rates department to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the department. You will be helping with sourcing new suppliers for both existing and new destinations, keeping rates accurate and up to date and monitoring supplier service levels.
You have a thorough understanding of the transfer or travel industry with excellent communication skills (written & verbal), and ideally, some proven experience in contracting and negotiating. You are a highly motivated team player with outstanding attention to detail, strong work ethic, drive and persistence. You will adapt to differing situations, work well in high pressure environments have a good level of stress tolerance with the ability to use your initiative and multitask. You have an intrinsically conscientious and collaborative attitude to work and teammates with a ‘can-do’ attitude and determination to complete the task at hand.
Who we are:
Lifts-To is a leading transfer booking agent acting as an intermediary between transfer suppliers and customers. Launched as Ski-Lifts in 2005, our talented team and custom in-house system enabled steady growth in the ski industry and other sectors such as golf and cruise. Our business now provides transfer coverage in 24 countries and 300 resorts.
Now is an exciting time to join our business, as we have identified some as yet untapped opportunities in the lucrative transport industry, we are well positioned to embark on an ambitious plan to scale up booking volumes in even more markets over the next three years.
We are a UK and French-based company, with our operations office in the French ski resort of Morzine and our UK head office in the heart of Manchester.
· Sourcing new suppliers to ensure that we have sufficient coverage to satisfy sales demand for existing and new territories.
· Keeping availability and prices up to date and making sure that margins are accurate.
· Price comparison to the big 3-4 booking agents so know if need to improve on rates.
· Liaising with suppliers to ensure service levels are met and any customer service issues dealt with.
· Ensuring supplier information is kept up to date and arrival/departure information is accurate.
· Sourcing ad hoc quotes for the sales department, as quickly as possible whilst providing the most competitive rates available.
· Work with the accounts department to ensure timely payments are made to suppliers and help to solve any pricing queries they may have.
· Empathy – Listening skills; Relationship builder; Understanding of customer, supplier and colleagues within our organisation’s needs
· Ambition – Competitive; Tenacity; Goal focussed
· Integrity – Honest; Reliable; Positive; Strong work ethic; Conscientious
· Expert – Take control of personal development; Search out answers; Challenges the established thinking; Constantly looking to improve
Proactive – Positive attitude; Problem solver; Anticipates issues; Planner
Previous Knowledge & Experience
· Minimum 2 years of experience within the travel industry
· Working within a customer focused environment
· Email and phone correspondence
· Knowledge of the peak-season environment with an understanding of the challenges faced
· Good knowledge of Excel
· Fluent English to native level
Good level of spoken & written Spanish and/or French
· Ability to work both within a team and by yourself.
· Diligence and ability to learn quickly
· Excellent attention to detail
· Ability to make quick, well informed decisions in line with company SLAs
· Very strong and flexible work ethic
· Computer literate
· Ability to work well under pressure
Please note this Job Description can be adjusted at any time and does not reflect all duties of the role.