4 months ago
My client is a leading sports related travel and event management company based in Gloucestershire and they are looking for a candidate to join their expanding tours department as a Tour Co-ordinator. This role has an important place in the Tours department and the main focus will be inbound and outbound sports tours and festivals. Your key duties will include making sure that each sport/event is perfectly matched to the customers high standards and expectations. This is a fantastic opening within an established and leading company in its field. For further information on the duties involved please read on further.
* Co-ordinate sports tours and festivals
* Ensure clients receive excellent customer service
* Take responsibility for the efficient delivery of flights, hotel reservations, match fixtures, excursions and other related tour components
* Assist with marketing literature for sports tours and festivals
* Be the main point of contact for both internal and external suppliers and clients alike to ensure the events are co-ordinated efficiently and in line with sales and allocated budgets
* Building and developing relationships with suppliers and clients
* Completing all aspects of administration to a high standard
* Be responsible for the maintenance of in house systems (Tourplan)
* Complete risk assessments on travel services utilised by the Tours department.
* One-two years' experience in the travel and/or event industries
* Solid background in customer service
* Display excellent co-ordination skills by being self-sufficient in prioritising work
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Office
* Demonstrate extensive administrative knowledge and experience
* Previous tours and festivals/tournaments experience is preferred, but not essential
* Ability to work under pressure and use own initiative
* Ability to organise and prioritise work efficiently and effectively
* Have a keen interest and knowledge of sport, ideally rugby
* Flexible to travel if/when required
The package is rewarding and the lucky candidate can be expected to earn a very competitive base salary in the region of £19-21k dependent on experience.
Please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org or follow the link to APPLY - For more info please call Dave at Travel Trade Recruitment on