about 1 month ago
Salary: Up to 29,241.07 and a Market Scarcity Allowance of 5,000* (Subject to job evaluation)
Location: HMP Downview, Sutton
Closing date: 24th October 2016
Have you ever considered working with offenders? Do you want to work in an environment where you can really make a difference?
The Employer delivers learning and skills in over 60 sites within Her Majesty's Prisons, private sector prisons, approved Premises and the community. Working closely with stakeholders, they aim to provide locally determined, high quality provision which meets the needs and interests of learners.
Are you passionate about helping people grow? If so, our Client have an exciting opportunity for a Trainer in Catering to join the education team within HMP Downview.
The purpose of these role is to deliver high quality learner focused vocational training to meet contractual requirements and Awarding Body standards, in line with Employer policies and procedures.
- Plan, organise and deliver a vocational competency based curriculum up to Level 3
- Within a Scheme of Work, develop lesson plans to ensure compliance with curriculum best practice and quality targets
- Ensure the safeguarding of learners
- Work collaboratively with Functional skills tutors/Learning Support Practitioners to support literacy, language and numeracy skills within the programme.
- Ensure that learner records are accurate and maintained in line with data protection and Novus policies.
- Compliance with Employer & stakeholder policies and procedures.
All Trainers must have at least 2 years experience in the vocational area and be willing to work towards relevant qualifications as specified in the role profile.
To qualify for the Level 2 salary you will need:
- Have at least 2 years experience in the relevant vocational area
- Willing to gain PTLLS within 6 months
- Commitment to gain a subject specific qualification to allow them to train to Level 3, within 2 years
- Commitment to gain an assessor award required by relevant Awarding Bodies, within one year
- Hold at least a Level 1 qualification in Literacy and Numeracy or be willing to commit to gaining the qualification(s) within 1 year
In return for your dedication you will be rewarded with:
- Generous holidays (increases on service)
- Fantastic pension scheme
- Extensive training and development
- Simply health scheme
- And many more.
If you feel you could make a difference in this rewarding and growing sector, apply today.
Applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the Key Responsibilities, Key Result Areas and Qualifications/Skills/Experience detailed within the role profile.
The Employer is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
To apply, please follow the job board application instructions to submit your CV
28 days ago
only 4 hours until close
23 days ago
only 5 days until close
16 days ago
only 12 days until close
12 days ago
only 16 days until close