9 months ago
Calling all Assistant Retail Travel Managers! Do you consider yourself a dynamic assistant travel manager? Do you thrive off the challenge of increasing travel sales and getting the best out of your travel consultants? Are you an experienced senior travel consultant looking for the next step in your career? If yes then this is the role for you! A leading independent retail travel agency are looking for an experienced Assistant Retail Travel Manager to work within their Retail Travel Branch in the Burton On Trent area, to maximise the potential of this store and develop its staff. This is a hands on assistant manager role, with a team of experienced Travel Consultants.
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION:
- To assist, lead, motivate and energise your team, identifying training and development needs, along with recognising your individual staff's potential and promoting it.
- Be hands on, taking enquiries from European packages to long-haul tailor-made itineraries
- To set targets in accordance to staffing levels, seasons and trends whilst suggesting ideas and solutions to improve revenue and profit.
- Work with the branch manager to ensure that your branch goes from strength-to-strength, reaching and exceeding targets
- To assist the development of staff
- To keep your product and brand knowledge up to date whilst having in-depth knowledge of the company's brochures and destinations and preferred suppliers
- Assist the day to day running of the branch in the absence of the branch manager
- Deal with complaints in a calm and diplomatic manner and be able to deal with a wide range of both internal and external customer issues
The successful candidate will ideally have relevant travel management experience or have experience as a Senior Travel Consultant looking for the next step in your career with strong leadership skills, commercial awareness and the ability to inspire a team. At all levels you'll need a passion for customer service and a strong tract record in sales.
My client offers a very competitive salary up to £19.5K and additional commission, incentives and bonuses. They also offer additional benefits including discounts and pension, which make it an attractive package. This is a great company to get in with and then progress up the career ladder with!
If you are interested in this fantastic Assistant Retail Travel Manager opportunity, please follow the instruction to apply, for more information contact Lauren onor