Travel Consultant – £17k plus bonus and benefits – Welwyn Garden City
Travel Consultant is required by a well-established ethical and responsible travel company, who have a fantastic nurturing company culture, where you will receive full Amadeus training, allowing your travel career to truly take off! As a Travel Consultant you will be making flight reservations for clients that have booked their holidays with this leading activity travel specialist, providing operational and customer support through the flight booking process.
As Travel Consultant you will:
· Action requests for ad-hoc seats, domestic add-ons and upgrades for clients and tour leaders.
· Review sales, produce flight manifests and update allocations on Travelink.
· Ensure timely production of travel documents for all clients including land only and be involved with despatch as required.
· Action schedule changes/seat confirmations and assist with production of all-staff memos.
· Handle client communication by telephone, email or letter.
· Support Reservation/Sales duties.
· Promote special offers and upgrades.
· Assist with the production of travel related reports, documentation and statistics for suppliers and airport representatives.
· Liaise with airport reps/leaders as required.
· Assist and support the Crisis Response Team in emergency situations as and when these arise which may involve working out of hours / be part of the team
The successful Travel Consultant will have a passion and desire to work in the travel industry and will possess good people and communication skills, with a strong customer service ethic, as well as the ability to work to deadline and with strong attention to detail. This role will suit someone that either has experience in the travel industry who is looking to develop their flights knowledge, or someone who is looking to start their exciting travel career.