A specialised travel company who have a passion for travel and discovery have a fantastic opportunity for a Travel Consultant in the Welwyn Garden City area.
The role involves maintaining relationships with airlines and suppliers. Direct contact with clients is required and therefore providing a quality client support and sales service is also needed. You will also be encouraged to work towards individual targets and team goals.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
• Action requests for ad-hoc seats, domestic add-ons and upgrades for clients and tour leaders.
• Review sales, produce flight manifests and update allocations on Travelink.
• Ensure timely production of travel documents for all clients including land only and be involved with despatch as required.
• Action schedule changes/seat confirmations and assist with production of all-staff memos.
• Handle client communication by telephone, email or letter.
• Support Reservation/Sales duties.
• Promote special offers and upgrades.
• Assist with the production of travel related reports, documentation and statistics for suppliers and airport representatives.
• Liaise with airport reps/leaders as required.
• Assist and support the Crisis Response Team in emergency situations as and when these arise which may involve working out of hours / be part of the team
• Works within the Company’s Health and Safety policies and practices.
• Any other duties which may be required from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• Global Distribution System (GDS) skills
• Good understanding of airline procedures
• Experience of working within a Reservation/Sales role
• Numerate and with good literacy skills
• Good general IT skills
• Good communication and customer service skills
• Positive and friendly telephone manner
The salary is £17,000 plus incentives.