Travel Consultant – Luxury Travel – Central London - £25k plus benefits
A Travel Consultant is required by one of the UK’s most sophisticated travel operators to provide guidance and advice to discerning travel clients to sell truly inspirational travel journeys. As Travel Consultant you will be the first point of contact, answering any initial queries, seeing the client through the sales and reservations process to achieve a truly consultative sales experience, whilst always providing a superior customer service.
The successful Travel Consultant will:
· Sell inspirational travel journeys to the public and via travel agents either over the telephone, by email or face-to-face and with customers visiting the office
· Provide first class customer service to help maintain a growing database of loyal existing customers and attract new potential customers
· Use product knowledge to confidently cross-sell to other products if the required travel product is unavailable or unsuitable.
· Ensure special requests (i.e. dietary requirements, wheelchair assistance, etc.) are properly attended to, that appropriate advice is given, and all relevant members of staff are informed, where necessary.
· Provide post-sales customer service, answering queries for existing bookings, process amendments, where required, and help resolve any issues
· Follow up on recent options and maintain communication with clients to ensure we achieve a high conversion rate of sales
· Review availability alongside waitlist bookings, and contact waitlisted customers to ensure maximum sales.
The successful Travel Consultant will have excellent customer service skills with a superb telephone manner and polished people skills, with experience of working in the travel industry. The Travel Consultant will be someone who enjoys talking with people, is able to build affective rapport and enjoys providing a consultative sales and customer experience. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a highly desirable company with an extremely low staff turnover.
· Profit and performance related discretionary bonus paid annually •
· Season Ticket Loan
· 23 days annual leave rising to 28 days after 5 years’ service and 33 days after 10 years’ service + bank holidays
· Private Medical Healthcare scheme
· Pension scheme with company contributions starting at 6.50% of salary, increasing to 7.50% after 3 years and 10% after 10 years (note that increased contributions are subject to employee contributions being made)